Teller sold me 2 Franklins she had bought for herself

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Teller sold me 2 Franklins she had bought for herself

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:06 pm

I went back to the bank where the teller sold me the 3 silver washingtons at face.

I was turning in a bag of halves and a box of dimes and asked her if she had anything interesting.

She said she had something interesting but it was something she had bought herself. I asked her if she would sell it to me. At 1st, she was reluctant to show me but she went in her personal drawer and had 2 1963 Franklin halves.

She said she had to buy them because people kept asking to buy them when they would see them.

I asked her if I could buy them and she said yes but didn't have a price in mind.

Figured I would offer her 10x face and she looked at me in shock and said "Really??" and I told her of course.

So I gave her the $10 and she was still had a surprised look on her face. She told me she was looking for stuff for me and told me she would even start looking at the dimes.

Figured I pay her above face because I know they told me there is another guy going in there asking for all of their loose halves so maybe I will end up with the silver ones now :)
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Teller sold me 2 Franklins she had bought for herself

Postby UDEric » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:33 pm

That's a good move IMHO. Even though you didn't get them at face, like you said you probably set yourself up to snag some additional silver in the near future. Recently a number of tellers have told me that they have a handful of people who they order boxes of half dollars for and I've noticed a lot of the banks around me getting dumped on. I guess with the price of silver shooting up, a few more people have joined the game.
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:18 pm

i AGREE AS WELL. GOOD MOVE
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I have several tellers who hunt for me at 10x face. Good move.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals