Forecasting a pullback?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

How low will the price of silver go on the next price correction?

<.9.99
No votes
10-12.99
No votes
13-14.99
No votes
15-16.99
8%
17-18.99
21%
19-19.99
34%
20-20.99
16%
>21
13%
No more dips, goodbye dollar!
8%

Total votes : 38

Forecasting a pullback?

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm

So with the exploding metals prices I am waiting for a dip before making any more larger purchases. When do you think there will be a pullback? How low do you think silver and the rest of the PM"s will go on the next correction?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Forecasting a pullback?

Postby Neckro » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:12 pm

One can only wish for a buying dip. =(
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:16 pm

You're both making a mistake, but you'll learn the hard way
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Neckro » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Yeah, and you believe the IMF will let their Pawn, the USA, collapse Financially? If we're not fighting their wars. they wouldn't be in power.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:38 pm

"correction"???? :?

I thought that's what is happening today... Up big due to a price "correction"
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby coppertone » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Quickly bought a couple of "Buy it now" listings on E-Bay this morning as melt value rose above listed price. I buy as soon as money is available. It may get cheaper........or more expensive!
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:00 pm

coppertone wrote:Quickly bought a couple of "Buy it now" listings on E-Bay this morning as melt value rose above listed price. I buy as soon as money is available. It may get cheaper........or more expensive!

Smart move. Congrats on the win. I hope the seller follows through. Keep up the strategy. It's a winner
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Market Harmony wrote:
coppertone wrote:Quickly bought a couple of "Buy it now" listings on E-Bay this morning as melt value rose above listed price. I buy as soon as money is available. It may get cheaper........or more expensive!

Smart move. Congrats on the win. I hope the seller follows through. Keep up the strategy. It's a winner

Whereas I took the course of writing to sellers whom I've bid from before mentioning " I don't mind bidding on your listings, but perhaps a private transaction would provide more advantageous pricing for both of us?" I offered $80 a roll for BU dimes and got one taker for ten rolls, 2 of which were low mintage years :D
beauanderos

Postby Country » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:23 pm

I think we're going higher before we get a correction. As long as the worldwide currency war continues, every country trying to cheapen their currency to get an advantage, GOLD and SILVER goes higher - much higher in the short term. If the competitive currency devaluation continues, PMs go higher. If I had to guess we might see a correction after the DXY (dollar index) falls to its nominal historical low around 72 (dead cat bounce at this level). That would be about 5 points lower, 7% more down, than the 77.79 level it is at close of markets today. The DXY fell 1% today; GOLD appreciated 2% and SILVER appreciated 4% today. Extrapolate that with a 7% decline of the dollar would mean GOLD could appreciate about 15% to $1540 and SILVER could appreciate about 30% to $29.50. At that point, we could see a sizeable selloff in the PMs. So, I think a correction occurs, but at a much higher level than $21 SILVER.

It's a BULL market in our PMs, so averaging up is an OK strategy. BUY PMs on every dip. ..... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:41 pm

I bought alot (for me) last month and plan on doing the same this month at our new levels.

Like the backstreet boys song says..... Baby...BUY BUY BUY....Buy Buy
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm going to set aside a certain amount from each paycheck for the next few months to buy some silver. I find that small lots on craigslist are where you can get below spot and slowly add to what you have. I never liked buying a lot at one price anyways.
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Like the euro of last summer the dollar won't just continue to go down from here. It will continue to rise and fall against gold just like the euro did. But the long term outcome will be that it will continue to lose ground against gold. But so will all other fiat currencies.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby Investin Cents » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:00 pm

It's about due for some kind of pull-back. Maybe 5 to 10%? But not much more. I was beginning to look for a correction before today's action and now it seems inevitable. Just not sure exactly when. It just feels like it has gone too far - too fast.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK - 1962

Current book: American Values - RFK Jr.; Favorite website (other than Realcent): Zerohedge.com; Favorite metals in order: Ag, Au, Pt, CuZn, CuZnSn, Cu, Ni, Al, CuNi and of course Pb encased in Cu [in various forms and sizes :)]
Investin Cents
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Investin Cents wrote:It's about due for some kind of pull-back. Maybe 5 to 10%? But not much more. I was beginning to look for a correction before today's action and now it seems inevitable. Just not sure exactly when. It just feels like it has gone too far - too fast.

You only feel that way because you've been programmed to accept as natural the price suppression schemes that kept silver either steadily creeping upwards or in freefall. Without knowing the cause, it sure feels as if silver has been unleashed, free to attain it's real natural pricing, based upon supply and demand.
beauanderos

Postby fb101 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Too fast this action. If we keep this up we'll be at AG 30 before thanksgiving.

We need a pullback here, but not much less than 19.99.

Either that or the game is over already..........
fb101

Postby Delawhere Jack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:I bought alot (for me) last month and plan on doing the same this month at our new levels.

Off topic, but....BACKSTREET BOYS!?!?! WT# ???
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Delawhere Jack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:43 pm

I don't see any reason for there to be a pullback at the moment:

LBMA and COMEX are being exposed as insolvent.
The FED is buying up all the toxic sludge the banks have to offer.
The FED is buying back all of the treasuries that the PD's are required to purchase before "the ink" is even dry.
PD's are turning around and using the newly aquired scrip to pump up equities.
In addition to the MERS debacle, we've now got the "robo signing" scandal that will make toxic MBS into ultra toxic, glow in the dark sludge.
And on top of it all, the great leader is CERTAIN to spring an October surprise on us all.
The entire fiat world is racing to devalue.

No, I don't see any significant pullback in the near or medium term. Probably not ever, in our lifetimes at least.

(edited to add "significant")
Last edited by Delawhere Jack on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 pm

I would like a pullback in about 2-3 weeks (when I'm going to have some extra cash to buy more). Of course, what I would really like is a time machine to go back 10 years and start buying then. :D But I have a feeling that the rocket launch may have begun.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:22 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Investin Cents wrote:It's about due for some kind of pull-back. Maybe 5 to 10%? But not much more. I was beginning to look for a correction before today's action and now it seems inevitable. Just not sure exactly when. It just feels like it has gone too far - too fast.

You only feel that way because you've been programmed to accept as natural the price suppression schemes that kept silver either steadily creeping upwards or in freefall. Without knowing the cause, it sure feels as if silver has been unleashed, free to attain it's real natural pricing, based upon supply and demand.

PING!!!!!
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:I bought alot (for me) last month and plan on doing the same this month at our new levels.

Off topic, but....BACKSTREET BOYS!?!?! WT# ???

yeah the backstreet boys....always good for a laugh :lol:

So what are the chances we are in a bubble......how would or can we know?

Sure I can sit here and say: the FRN is being devalued, other world currency is following suit, demand is historically high, silver paper is everywhere, economy is bust, people want something physical, so on , and so on.

But I can also say: Silver is way overbought, today’s jump was likely do to shorts covering their paper liabilities, the us mint is producing proof ASE's again - is their ASE bullion demand slowing, silver 90% is selling at a discount to melt prices, At the first sign of a second Stock market dip investors will leave their silver paper pushing prices back down.....more blah blah and so on.

The point is: Each variable can make or break silver. Variables of speculation are tough (at best) to quantify.....Soooo.. buying a little here and there consistently is fool proof in the long run. ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:09 pm

You can cite all the reasons for both sides Chris, pros and cons... but in the long run, silver is going up... way up. Why? Because I say so! 8-)
beauanderos

Postby BamaJoe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:18 pm

My advice....don't worry about it. In the long run it doesn't matter. Since 2001 I've been buying each month regardless of the price. I can remember times over those years when it almost hurt my feelings to pay some of the prices I did - after all, who could imagine paying FIVE times face for 90% or $10 for an ASE or $300 for an AGE??? Outrageous :shock: On the other end of the spectrum I bought 200 90% halves at silver's high point in 2008. All that really matters is that you keep stacking - you will look back at a later point in time and say to yourself "I'm a fricken genius".
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Silver appears to be leveling off at $22.59 tonight. The drop today was just about a given considering the recent rapid increase in the metals and the rapid decrease in the dollar. I think it will close slightly higher maybe $22.80 tomorrow.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:55 pm

What's nice about pullbacks is that it gives those who are sidelined an incentive to jump in thinking "hey, look how high it went just recently, surely it will exceed that in just a short while again." Once a target is established, it can either prove overhead resistance, or a motive for others to join the fray, feeling that they're getting a relative bargain. If people understood, really understood, how rapidly the competitive devaluation of all fiat currencies is occuring, they wouldn't be shaking their heads in disbelief at the "too rapid" ascent of silver and gold. At some point, market timing "pull some profits off the tables" investors will get burned... sitting in cash when precious metals makes a parabolic move. Of course, that's just my humble opinion, but then again... I'm right 8-)
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals