Who is good at math?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Who is good at math?

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 am

I suspect that silver will outperform gold. If silver gains two percent daily, and gold one percent, where would the price be six months out? A year? Two years? What about if silver were to gain three percent daily, compared to gold one per cent? Just an exercise in number crunching, not a prediction, but I'd be curious to see where those kind of numbers would take us. Is there an online calculator for this kind of thing? :?:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Who is good at math?

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:14 am

it would be (1+k)^n

k=percent gain
n=number of periods

I don't think you need to divide k by n
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 am

after 360 days

silver at 3% x 41,821

gold at 1% X 35.94
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 am

Thogey wrote:after 360 days

silver at 3% x 41,821

gold at 1% X 35.94

ok, so that's a bit excessive, even for hyperinflation scenario. How about if silver increased two percent a week, compared to one per cent for gold? Or silver three percent a month, compared to one percent gold? :geek:
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 am

So this is where you would sleep.

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 am

2% a week silver 1% a week gold

after 1 year
Ag x 2.8
Au x 1.67

3% a month silver 1% gold

after 1 year
Ag X 1.42
Au X 1.12
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:15 am

Thogey wrote:2% a week silver 1% a week gold

after 1 year
Ag x 2.8
Au x 1.67

3% a month silver 1% gold

after 1 year
Ag X 1.42
Au X 1.12

I think the first set of numbers Silver $62.50, Gold $2221 35.5:1 Gold to Silver ratio may be a fairly accurate guess as to the market prices a year from now. :P Thanks, Eric ;)
beauanderos

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:12 am

Rodebaugh wrote:So this is where you would sleep.

Who got into my bedroom to snap this picture?
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals