Emptied my gumball machine

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Emptied my gumball machine

Postby thedude » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:35 pm

I didn't find any silver. Have had it in place since April 2010 and have not found any silver to date.
Can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all.
thedude
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Emptied my gumball machine

Postby Shattered » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

I always thought that would be a cool way to get coin to sort. Where do you keep it? Do you own a store or something?
Shattered
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm

I've thought about that, too. I have a couple of places that I could maybe put one, so I'll have to look into it.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thedude » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 am

Shattered wrote:I always thought that would be a cool way to get coin to sort. Where do you keep it? Do you own a store or something?

I have it in a BBQ joint in a college town. I don't own the place, just know a few guys that work there.
thedude
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Gum ball machines are a great idea as long as you have access to a place you can put one and dont have to give any of the profits away. The bad side, theft of your machine cost a whole lot of money. Even if its secured someone can still kick it in. Worth the gamble in my opinion if you can get access. Curious, how many quarters did you collect in that time?
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thedude » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Gum ball machines are a great idea as long as you have access to a place you can put one and dont have to give any of the profits away. The bad side, theft of your machine cost a whole lot of money. Even if its secured someone can still kick it in. Worth the gamble in my opinion if you can get access. Curious, how many quarters did you collect in that time?

Let's just say I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of quarters that have passed through my machine. Summer was slow, but that's to be expected in a college town.
thedude
Penny Pincher Member

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm

My Mom is a CPA, and does accounting for a vending machine company... She would never share details with me since its none of my business, but I know that the owner does pretty well. If you can get good locations and keep them without paying too much (or by paying nothing if you can) you can buy in bulk and by keeping an eye on the over head it can be profitable.
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:49 am

My friend does a vending machine coin pickup...she doesnt own the biz just does the coin PU...she has a .357 strapped to her thigh...she is very attractive so be careful...oh I meant "effective"
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals