$2,000.00 Gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$2,000.00 Gold

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Today, August 4, Gold crossed into the $2,000.00 range on the spot market. It had been trading above $2,000.00 in the futures a few days earlier.

Celebrate or Raise Concerns?

Anyone want to predict price movements? you so crazy... only predictable thing is fluctuations
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: $2,000.00 Gold

Postby Country » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 pm

Lovin it !!!!! :D
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby CaptainW » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Today, August 4, Gold crossed into the $2,000.00 range on the spot market. It had been trading above $2,000.00 in the futures a few days earlier.

Anyone want to predict price movements? you so crazy... only predictable thing is fluctuations

Celebrating the increased value of my stack but very concerned over the circumstances that has caused the increase.
CaptainW
Penny Pincher Member

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:02 pm

OK, please tell a new dude how to go about stocking up. Do I go to the pawn shop and buy rings? Purchase ingots? I need to start small.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:32 pm

thecrazyone wrote:OK, please tell a new dude how to go about stocking up. Do I go to the pawn shop and buy rings? Purchase ingots? I need to start small.

I almost always find the prices here to be the best around. Have you visited the market area? viewforum.php?f=28

Ask more questions if you need help, and good luck.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Thanks! Are those mini troy oz bars worth buying?
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:46 pm

CaptainW wrote:
Market Harmony wrote:Today, August 4, Gold crossed into the $2,000.00 range on the spot market. It had been trading above $2,000.00 in the futures a few days earlier.

Celebrating the increased value of my stack but very concerned over the circumstances that has caused the increase.

+1 But the circumstances should not surprise any who has been here for any length of time. Printing money and debt.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coppernickel » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 pm

Another sign of the impending hyperinflation.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rainsonme » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Inflation hasnt started yet. We are still in a deflationary environment; some things going up, like the stock market and gold, but most things not. They have just pumped trillions of dollars with a T. Inflation, or its near twin, devaluation of the dollar, will happen. The current moves are the result of uncertainty and excess money (Trillions of dollars) with no where to go. This is a great place for silver and gold to base for a while, until a real move down in the dollar creates much more dramatic moves in PM. This move in PM is prelude.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slvrbck » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:46 pm

I knew I’d see it in my lifetime but this 2,000 surge happened quick.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 am

Looks like I should have been stacking gold (instead of silver) all these years, and switched the gold over to silver a few months ago...lol. Oh well, live and learn! Would have been nice to capitalize on that 100:1 (or greater) trade.... I will eventually improve my metal "lot in life", but I now see I missed a good trade opportunity...
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Gamecock » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:20 am

I laugh every time I go to coinflation and see that article on the front page about gold NOT hitting $2,000 this year
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals