Silver Had a Milestone Week

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Had a Milestone Week

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:21 pm

What a week for silver!

Going over $20 sure seemed to garner a lot of attention. It blew through $21 like a nonstop train.

Keep in mind that there was solid resistance at $22.05 from 6 1/2 years ago (2/24/14). Silver went through the resistance without much resistance at all, closing at $22.24, $22.86 and $22.47 over 3 consecutive days (per Kitco). Proving it could stay at and close above significant resistance for three consecutive days is HUGE in my book. If I was a short seller, I’d be scared to death. (And I do have a lot of experience selling short, although I don’t remember ever shorting SLV)

The next real technical (when I say technical I am referring to price action as depicted on a historical chart) resistance is well above $30. I do expect potential round number resistance at $25 and $30 along the way, but will be very surprised if we don’t go at least $10/oz. higher in by March-April.

There is something delicate to deal with, however. The higher and faster silver goes, the further and faster it will fall when that first significant pullback occurs. IMHO a 10-20% pullback could come out of the blue at any time and would actually be healthy. I will buy more when that happens as the trend is still up.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Silver Had a Milestone Week

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Ag has barely gotten started. Up 100% since the March lows.

Resistance around the $27 area. I agree, a pullback would be healthy.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals