U.S. National Debt surpasses 25 Trillion!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

U.S. National Debt surpasses 25 Trillion!

Postby pennypicker » Thu May 07, 2020 9:27 am

This morning the U.S. National debt surpassed 25.2 trillion and the U.S. Federal debt to GDP ratio is now up to 118%. The U.S. Federal debt to GDP ratio in 1980 was just 34%. I guess the concept of "servicing the debt" is all but forgotten---keep stacking my friends and someday you'll be rewarded handsomely for your efforts!
Last edited by pennypicker on Thu May 14, 2020 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: U.S. National Debt surpasses 25 Trillion!

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu May 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Bitcoin up $1,050 in the last 24 hrs.

Silver up $0.50?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri May 29, 2020 10:34 pm

If you count underfunded items like Social Security, etc. the debt is much, much higher than $25 trillion.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Sat May 30, 2020 9:21 am

I think everyone needs to accept that the debt will never be paid back.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals