TPM message, indicating short physical supply of PMs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

TPM message, indicating short physical supply of PMs

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:48 pm

(From Texas Precious Metals, just rec'd - emphasis mine)

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Dear TPM Clients,

As you all know, the effects of coronavirus (COVID-19) have accelerated what is now a precipitous decline in equities. Access to liquidity in the markets has become an issue, and all asset classes are being affected - including precious metals. This historic turn of events has created a demand shock in the physical precious metals industry. Following years of slow to moderate sales following the Greek crisis in 2015, the entire industry has been cautious to build large inventories. This includes the United States Mint, which experienced a terrible production decline of Silver American Eagles, down to only 14.9M ounces minted in 2019.

As of this morning, the United States Mint is out of Silver American Eagles, and the backlog is tremendous. To ramp up manufacturing production to meet demand will likely take weeks, if not months. If the US Mint is forced to suspend operations due to coronavirus, it remains unclear how drastic the impact will be to the supply chain. Making matters worse, it now appears that imported supply from Europe is going to be cut off. As it now stands, other products are being bid up to help fill that void.

The effects of these events will cause an increase in premiums on the sell side as well as the buy side. We have begun raising premiums on products to compensate for supply/demand constraints. To put it simply, inventory is getting more expensive for us. Additionally, we will be raising our buy back prices aggressively on popular products to help offset demand.

As our long-time customers know, if we do not have a product in stock (either at our vault in Shiner or other vaults, or in transit via one of our security partners), we simply will not sell it. This means that some of your favorite products will likely go out of stock intermittently as we await new inventory. We simply will not forward sell.

We are fortunate to have a deep corporate balance sheet and the financial backing of a 122-year old company. We have been aggressively buying hundreds of thousands of ounces of silver to create a pipeline of future supply. Some of this inventory will hit our facility next week. When these products arrive, we will make them available to you and announce this availability via email. We will sell them on a first come, first serve basis. Expect products to move quickly as investors seek a safe haven for assets during this uncertain time.

For after hours communications, please contact us at operations@texmetals.com. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you as more information becomes available.

Sincerely,
Tarek Saab
President, Texas Precious Metals
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: TPM message, indicating short physical supply of PMs

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:25 pm

I use 90% premiums as a gauge. Over the last several days Apmex has raised their 90% premiums from $0.49 cents to $1.49.

Why are premiums rising? It's very simple... because the Ag price has dropped greatly during the past 2 weeks.

Silver to gold ratio in now 100:1.
https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24GOLD%3A%24SILVER&p=D&yr=5&mn=0&dy=0&id=p03249847493

Guess what?... It's time to buy more silver! :thumbup:
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:35 pm

JM Bullion sent out a similar message, though they have product on site at the moment. Cheapest I saw was $1.10 over spot for generic rounds and bars.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:55 pm

68Camaro wrote:(From Texas Precious Metals, just rec'd - emphasis mine)

. This includes the United States Mint, which experienced a terrible production decline of Silver American Eagles, down to only 14.9M ounces minted in 2019.

68, my dear brother, wow!!…...just the above figure kind of blew my mind....strange days, not that we haven't been expecting a fell wind to blow, huh? Hope you and yours are healthy and well, in mind, spirit, and body, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:10 am

:thumbup: I've seen the result. The letter is an excellent explanation.

Thank you for sharing. :clap:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

[Update]TPM message, now in video

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:47 pm

68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:29 am

Thanks for the video, but I am not comfortable storing my silver with someone else. That is a red flag to me when someone says it is the only option they have. For those comfortable trusting someone else with storage, so be it.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:36 am

Not recommending you do that - that wasn't the purpose of sharing the video, rather the other information in it. That said, there are a very few private PM depositories available in the world and they have one of them. If you are a billionaire, you might want to put some of your wealth there. For me, not so much.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:43 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Thanks for the video, but I am not comfortable storing my silver with someone else. That is a red flag to me when someone says it is the only option they have. For those comfortable trusting someone else with storage, so be it.

Exactly.

When the real SHTF (almost there), you think someone is going to continue to stand guard over your PMs? :lol:
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Provident BUY prices for 90% jumped today: Now paying 18% OVER SPOT at 10.2X.

https://www.providentmetals.com/buy-back-products.html
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:13 am

Provident is paying $25.77 for a Canadian Maple at this moment as well as $16.64/$1 FV for US 90%.

https://www.providentmetals.com/buy-back-products.html

$203.39 for a 1/10 gold eagle.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:30 am

APMEX is charging close to a $100 premium on 1/10th oz gold American Eagles! The equivalent of around $3,000 / oz.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:20 pm

franklin wrote:APMEX is charging close to a $100 premium on 1/10th oz gold American Eagles! The equivalent of around $3,000 / oz.

Crazy! I'll sell anyone those at half that premium. :lol:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals