May be a Good Day

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

May be a Good Day

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:49 am

Yesterday Hong Kong printed above $22.20 on silver, then we suffered a pullback on this side. Was that the low people were expecting? Overseas markets are up strongly right now. :D Image Image Actually, it looks like short-covering in London, doesn't it? :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: May be a Good Day

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:29 am

Yes it does, or there are some serious long positions being created on yesterday's dip.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:26 am

If we see a continuation of shorts covering in New York, rather than the usual takedown, we could see $22.50 today in silver 8-)
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 am

well thats a nice open!
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 am

beauanderos wrote:If we see a continuation of shorts covering in New York, rather than the usual takedown, we could see $22.50 today in silver 8-)

...or more

Price discovery is a shocking thing. When new highs are made, there is no over head resistance... nowhere for price to bumps it head. Most people never seem to get this. Gold could easily go to $1400 by the end of this week! Silver to $23 is not out of the question.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 am

Market Harmony wrote:
beauanderos wrote:If we see a continuation of shorts covering in New York, rather than the usual takedown, we could see $22.50 today in silver 8-)

...or more

Price discovery is a shocking thing. When new highs are made, there is no over head resistance... nowhere for price to bumps it head. Most people never seem to get this. Gold could easily go to $1400 by the end of this week! Silver to $23 is not out of the question.

PTTG Image
beauanderos

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:09 am

Huge open. Both are running well today from the start. Lets see if it holds by noon.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 am

Wow, it is really moving. Can we get $1 today on silver? Gold is going crazy too.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:14 am

What is amazing (but doesn't really surprise me, I've been expecting this) is that these pricing jumps will likely accelerate in the coming days, weeks, months. What used to be pullbacks will be pounced on by those sidelined waiting for dips, and rather than retrenchments we will probably only see periods of consolidation before more leaps higher. :D
beauanderos

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:16 am

Just wish I had more of both....
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby city38 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 am

that graph from todays kitco silver page looks like a hockey stick!
city38
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:29 am

I have a buddy that has been preaching $25 / ounce by the new year. He may be right.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 am

Holy Crap! Look now 22.64
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby BOHICA » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 am

$22.71, up $0.84 since yesterday. :o
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:32 pm

WOW :!: The dollar is getting hammered down. Silver is up over 4% on the day! :D This whole investing in precious metals thing is pretty schizophrenic as I cheer the increase in value of my coins while watching the dollars we still use every day lose value. I am sure glad I have my little hoard of shiny metal as even though it is quite dense it acts as a very good life raft during the financial sinking of our ship of state. I thought this week their would be a pullback in precious metals. I guess I should have bought some more last week!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:20 pm

blackrabbit wrote:while watching the dollars we still use every day lose value.

The good thing is the impact of the dropping dollar isnt felt right away. Still time to buy essentials before hyper-inflation kicks in.
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 pm

you know, everyone has been preaching that the dollar is going to die and PM's are underpriced and due a upside correction. Yet, when that time comes, everyone wants to deny that it is happening. Pullback, shmullback... the bull is out and running down sheep
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Delawhere Jack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:26 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Just wish I had more of both....

I feel your pain...
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals