anyone bought from APMEX?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

anyone bought from APMEX?

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:57 am

Looks like they have good reviews, and I think I'd like to buy something from them today. :)

Anyone have any feedback on them?
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Re: anyone bought from APMEX?

Postby coppernickel » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:18 pm

They have done me well for many years. Never had a problem with an order.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thecrazyone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:20 pm

coppernickel wrote:They have done me well for many years. Never had a problem with an order.

Thanks very much. I'm trying to choose between them and JM Bullion.
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:44 pm

You can also put in add in the WTB section and someone may have what you want right here. APMEX and JM Bullion pretty big (stable) in the biz
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:01 pm

I have bought from APMEX over the years. They are a good company.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:11 pm

blackrabbit wrote:I have bought from APMEX over the years. They are a good company.

Years ago APMEX was my "go to" company for bullion silver but five years ago I switched exclusively to JM Bullion. The have better prices for the items I like to buy and their west coast shipping center is just 200 miles away in Las Vegas and my orders get here in just two days.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mflugher » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:42 pm

Apmex currently overpriced imho, I'll match them without issue :D

We price our retail bullion sales on price matching any in stock items for sale on apmex, provident, jm or sd bullion. I consider them all honorable companies with good policies. (Apmex is currently by far the highest priced one right now)
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:06 pm

And I believe provident was bought by JMB, wasn't it? Or am I imagining that?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:00 pm

fasteddy wrote:You can also put in add in the WTB section and someone may have what you want right here. APMEX and JM Bullion pretty big (stable) in the biz

+1 on the WTB! You can probably pick something up for cheaper here.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby hirbonzig » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:10 pm

On a side note, you can try to win a monster box of maples at APMEX
https://www.apmex.com/2020-silver-maple ... weepstakes
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby franklin » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:46 pm

I have done a good bit of business over the years with APMEX and have never been disappointed. However at this moment, the other company with whom I deal, Texas Precious Metals, has ASE a full $3.50 cheaper if you buy 1-19. APMEX is asking around $10 premium for them.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Slaphot » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:30 pm

I agree with the others above, APMEX IS great to deal with but currently are overpriced on everything. I just bought from Monumemt Metals, but my Korean Tiger and 2020 ASEs are on Backorder. I also just bought some Goldbacks from RareKoin with success, their inventory on silver is very depleted.
Slaphot
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thecrazyone » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am

You guys will all be happy to know that I kept business "in-house" and bought from an RC member. :)

I have a feeling I will be buying more as well, so thanks to all of you for your offers and assistance!!
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:06 am

thecrazyone wrote:You guys will all be happy to know that I kept business "in-house" and bought from an RC member. :)

I have a feeling I will be buying more as well, so thanks to all of you for your offers and assistance!!

Good for you...and good for the RC member and good for the RC community. Well done!
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Catfish4u » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:38 pm

thecrazyone wrote:
coppernickel wrote:They have done me well for many years. Never had a problem with an order.

Thanks very much. I'm trying to choose between them and JM Bullion.

I have had nothing but very good experiences with Apmex and JM Bullion. I do like to patronize our members though!
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:46 am

mflugher wrote:Apmex currently overpriced imho, I'll match them without issue :D

We price our retail bullion sales on price matching any in stock items for sale on apmex, provident, jm or sd bullion. I consider them all honorable companies with good policies. (Apmex is currently by far the highest priced one right now)

Silver ASE’s (for quantity 1-19) are currently selling for $40.98 each at APMEX. Geez- that’s a HUGE premium ($12.63 per coin) over the current spot price of $28.35 on Kitco. And I bet that loyal customers who only deal with them don’t want the hassle of checking out prices elsewhere. So they will continue to sell even at this inflated price.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:14 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
mflugher wrote:Apmex currently overpriced imho, I'll match them without issue :D

Silver ASE’s (for quantity 1-19) are currently selling for $40.98 each at APMEX. Geez- that’s a HUGE premium ($12.63 per coin) over the current spot price of $28.35 on Kitco. And I bet that loyal customers who only deal with them don’t want the hassle of checking out prices elsewhere. So they will continue to sell even at this inflated price.

ASE's are $38.50 for 20 on Provident Metals. I have always had good luck buying from Provident.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:41 am

Even a $10ish premium is too high IMHO. In some cases (where feasible) it might be worth taking a road trip to buy some PM’s. Just make sure the dealer will set the coins aside for you and knows you are traveling from out of town in advance. Also, it would be helpful to have several dealers who agree to sell and set aside just in case someone says upon your arrival:
“Oh I’m so very sorry. My part-time worker sold those coins yesterday. Can I give you a free common date Indian Head penny for your trouble?” To which I’d reply “Only if it is dated 1877!”
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby franklin » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:09 am

I wouldn't have as much problem with APMEX charging a healthy premium as long as I received the same courtesy when selling back to them. Two weeks ago when they had a $9 premium on ASEs, I requested a quote on selling 140 back to them. One dollar over spot.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby mflugher » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:58 pm

franklin wrote:I wouldn't have as much problem with APMEX charging a healthy premium as long as I received the same courtesy when selling back to them. Two weeks ago when they had a $9 premium on ASEs, I requested a quote on selling 140 back to them. One dollar over spot.

For RC members and good customers I'd offer $2, $3 if they are 2020's...
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals