New Silver Bull

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Silver Bull

Postby blackrabbit » Sun May 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Looks like we may have a new silver bull awakening in the overnight hours. With the all the money printers go brrrrrrr going on I knew it was only a matter of time. :thumbup:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: New Silver Bull

Postby coppernickel » Sun May 17, 2020 8:35 pm

I thought it would start at the first $3 Trillion dollar bailout, but then the next came and nothing.

It is like watching WILEY COYOTE run off a cliff and the delayed plunge.

Will it be silver going up, or is this the waters pulling back for the second wave of the second great depression?
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun May 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Oh the greatest depression is here. Most don't notice yet, but winter is coming. The money printing will continue or horrible deflation.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby sparechange » Mon May 18, 2020 6:04 am

I will deny that any depression exists as long as the printing presses keep printing and I have a wheelbarrow.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Saabman » Mon May 18, 2020 7:04 am

I think a lot of people are seeing whats going on and they're starting to wake up (or maybe people in the know are just trying to get more before it really takes off?). I follow a couple of local coin auctions and prices have gone through the roof. Average condition common date silver halves and dollars are going for 8 to 10's over spot. Peace dollars that I could pick up for $17 to 18 are know $24 and worn Walkers and Benji's are going for $12 to 14.............crazy times......
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Mon May 18, 2020 11:19 am

sparechange wrote:I will deny that any depression exists as long as the printing presses keep printing and I have a wheelbarrow.

In the 21st Century, we don't need a wheelbarrow. My cellphone can hold thousands of times more data. Zeros are cheap data.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 18, 2020 2:15 pm

But, please, let the price of silver fall to $12 just one more time...
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 18, 2020 3:06 pm

shinnosuke wrote:But, please, let the price of silver fall to $12 just one more time...

It was only a few weeks ago that it was below 12 - how long do you want it to stay ridiculously low?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 18, 2020 3:24 pm

68Camaro wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:But, please, let the price of silver fall to $12 just one more time...

It was only a few weeks ago that it was below 12 - how long do you want it to stay ridiculously low?

Long enough for the ridiculous premiums to dissipate.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon May 18, 2020 3:31 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:

That was a brief window measured in hours on 16 March... :lol:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 18, 2020 3:52 pm

68Camaro wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:
68Camaro wrote:It was only a few weeks ago that it was below 12 - how long do you want it to stay ridiculously low?

That was a brief window measured in hours on 16 March... :lol:

Yep. Snazza frazza rashin' fashin'. Haha. I've tried to tell anyone who will listen (which comprises, mostly, my faithful dog) that current market prices are simply a "cost of doing business" and it's best to just ignore spot prices. But a girl can dream, can't she?
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Mon May 18, 2020 7:19 pm

I will be patiently waiting for the economy to pick up once again and jump start the industrial demand side of silver; and if inflation begins to rear its ugly head at the same time it could prove to be a "perfect storm" for a nice sustained bull run for silver!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coppernickel » Wed May 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Silver rising has brought the silver to hold ratio down to 100:1.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed May 20, 2020 2:03 pm

coppernickel wrote:Silver rising has brought the silver to hold ratio down to 100:1.

Of course I'm going to hold my silver and all other precious metals. I agree 100%. Yuk yuk yuk.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
coppernickel wrote:Silver rising has brought the silver to hold ratio down to 100:1.

Of course I'm going to hold my silver and all other precious metals. I agree 100%. Yuk yuk yuk.

I forget the rule, but it basically says what's common sense, that inflation goes where inflated money is spent. Give it to party A, no inflation. Party A spends it on Product X, then inflation. Have gold and silver been Product X? If premiums are to be believed, most likely, but will they continue to be? For gold, probably. For silver, Iffy on its own accord unless there is a job recovery, but silver does tend to follow gold. I'm still eyeing silver at sub-20. Gold is prcey and makes me look hard at Pt, but I'm glad to have it and not selling in a bull market if I can help it.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppernickel » Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Still consider supply side. Mexico and Nevada shut down their mines. There are more I know, but that is what I follow.

NewmontGoldcorp has no news of reopening, but their stock keeps hitting record highs.
https://www.newmont.com

Nevada Copper is a really small company. There stock has done a nose dive. Their website shows still closed as of May 8.
https://nevadacopper.com

So no supply, demand from stackers, and no demand from manufacturing. Sounds like the Irish blessing, "May you live in interesting times."
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JJM » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Nice bump up today, sitting at $19.90 as I type this...
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:20 am

There are multiple threads on this, but silver has broken through $20 today.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:58 am

Wow! The interesting times have just started with dollar day swings!
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 am

Signs that we are in a new precious metals bull market? I worked at my part time job last week for the first time in 3 months and during the day one of my coworkers who has heard my discourses on PM's and sound money approached me to ask "How do I buy gold?" Bell went off. Bull market has begun. Now in my head I am thinking, "Why didn't you ask me years ago when gold was 30-40% cheaper?" But she is still ahead of most, as gold and silver are STILL not on the average investors (or more to the point, average citizen) radar. Yes, I use it as a hedge and thats what my coworker wants to do too. She and her hubby are blessed enough to have lots of acreage. So she's on the right path.

When the public starts talking about gold (usually as an investment) thats when we have really made a move. While bullion is the hedge, I have been lucky enough to be accumulating mining shares for about 2 years. that has brought me through this spring feeling pretty dang good. But, make sure everyone keeps a cool head here because i think most of us are of the thought that PM's are hedges for storing value and not for selling at the first sign of gain. Be safe.

On the other hand, Miners have been doing nicely. Also, I have been making EASY money selling covered calls on SLV. Thats been real fun.

OK, enough from me. Keep stacking (if you can find it).
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 pm

silverflake wrote:Signs that we are in a new precious metals bull market? I worked at my part time job last week for the first time in 3 months and during the day one of my coworkers who has heard my discourses on PM's and sound money approached me to ask "How do I buy gold?" Bell went off. Bull market has begun. Now in my head I am thinking, "Why didn't you ask me years ago when gold was 30-40% cheaper?" But she is still ahead of most, as gold and silver are STILL not on the average investors (or more to the point, average citizen) radar. Yes, I use it as a hedge and thats what my coworker wants to do too. She and her hubby are blessed enough to have lots of acreage. So she's on the right path.

When the public starts talking about gold (usually as an investment) thats when we have really made a move. While bullion is the hedge, I have been lucky enough to be accumulating mining shares for about 2 years. that has brought me through this spring feeling pretty dang good. But, make sure everyone keeps a cool head here because i think most of us are of the thought that PM's are hedges for storing value and not for selling at the first sign of gain. Be safe.

On the other hand, Miners have been doing nicely. Also, I have been making EASY money selling covered calls on SLV. Thats been real fun.

OK, enough from me. Keep stacking (if you can find it).

My Son's 18 year old friends. Starting college this fall..maybe. Are buying silver.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby JJM » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 pm

JJM wrote:Nice bump up today, sitting at $19.90 as I type this...

$22.38 a little more than 24 hours later... :clap:

I stopped at a local Antique Shop that I know buys silver when they can - purchased 137 Silver Dollars from them a little under $22/each earlier today. Nice to find a deal for a change! I just wish I would have brought more cash in there as he still had some left when we parted ways.... (The coin shop across town wanted $27....)

PS. I can't wait to get rid of those 40% halves I bought back when silver was $27....lol The question becomes do I want to break even, or make a little on them....haha.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:43 am

Eagle premiums at Apmex nearly $8! Wow. I must have been asleep lately.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby franklin » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Now at over $10 if buying 1-19 silver eagles. Asked for their bid on 122 of same. Buying at $1 over spot.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals