"Brace For Impact"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Brace For Impact"

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Martenson: Time Is Running Short To Brace For Impact

Like a windstorm toppling a hollowed-out tree, SARS-CoV-2 didn’t cause the current recession so much as it exposed how rotten things already were.

Even before SARS-CoV-2, households were struggling. Far too many were limping along without any savings at all, one crisis away from financial ruin.

Debts at every level were at record highs before SARS-CoV-2 came along, and the Federal Reserve was already busy bailing out the US financial system before the virus hit.

The shale oil industry had failed to generate any profits for over a decade before anyone ever heard of Covid19.

The worldwide wealth gap was already record levels before we were forced into lockdown.

What the coronavirus pandemic has done, though, is give the ruling authorities aircover to accelerate all of these trends to warp speed.

Billionaires have been, by far, the largest winners in this story so far. Ditto for mega corporations. Main Street and small and medium-sized businesses have been utterly crushed.

Where the Great Financial Crisis in 2008 could have been — and should have been — a wake-up call to operate the system more equitably and sustainably, it was used instead as an excuse to make things even worse.

No bank executives were charged or even went to jail for any crimes they played in bringing the financial system to the brink of disaster. Accounting deceit, wire fraud, and forgery — anybody remember ‘robosigning’? That was forgery, a felony, and not one charge was ever leveled. Instead, the Too Big To Fail banks were bailed out and got bigger at the expense of smaller, more responsible firms.

My point here is that SARS-CoV-2 has laid bare our true value systems. Some countries have done an admirable job of showing they care about their citizens, making public safety and health their top priority. Other countries, such as mine (the US), have demonstrated the opposite.

When it comes to making judgment, I look at actions much more than words. What have been the actions of the US authorities so far?

The Federal Reserve swooped in to assure that the wealthy got even wealthier.

The CDC couldn’t get effective test kits prepared or deployed until months after many other countries did.

$Billions and $billions were smoothly and rapidly delivered to the largest institutions, corporations and wealthiest households.

But only a single $1200 stimulus check has been sent to the poorest of American families. Well, most of them, but many are still waiting for their stimulus checks. Every household sandwiched between the rich and the poor has received nothing.

In other words, the Fed has made its #1 priority the preservation of the financial advantages of the already-rich, while the federal government has made clear that public health isn’t really a priority at all.

The unfairness and legal and moral wrongness of this next bit of news stunned even long-time skeptics like myself:

I object strenuously to any taxpayer money, my money, being sent to any and all religious organizations (I’m a big believer in the separation of church and state). But to do so to help the Catholic church cover shortfalls due to payouts to victims of institutionalized pedophilia? Really, that’s just…I’m out of words.

But more often than not, that’s the business the federal government is in: protecting the abusers, not the victims.

Thousands of hedge funds and other extremely wealthy financial firms are similarly feeding from the same trough of substantial taxpayer payouts.

But where real support is needed? The free money river has never been more than a trickle. Testing for SARS-CoV-2 has been throttled back due to lack of funding. Hospitals remain chronically short of critical PPE. 30% of all US households were unable to make last month’s mortgage payment.

As I said, these dots simply reveal the values and priorities of those running the show. If I were to use a single word to sum things up, it would be: greed.

Anything and everything that funnels money from the many into the pockets of the few is being done and done swiftly. Anything monies directed to the well-being of the masses is being done slowly, grudgingly, and sparingly (if at all). “Never let a good crisis go to waste” is the motto of current crowd in charge.

I am asked all the time to decide between Covid-19 being real or this whole thing being a scam. To which I reply, “why not both?”

The Elites Have Won
The elites have all the power and they have no interest in sharing any of it. They are too blinded by greed and driven by fear to do otherwise.

In this way, they pretty much have won.

They’ll print up however much money they desire and hand it out to themselves — after, of course, laundering it through the ““markets”” to create the appearance that fairness was actually involved.

But we all know it’s not. The data is crystal clear: Wall Street’s mighty siphons assure that nearly all of the Fed’s freshly printed money goes straight into the pockets of the most well-connected players.

As I’ve taken pains to point out, given all the public’s focus on Black Lives Matter, somehow the Federal Reserve has escaped being called out for being a nearly pure-white organization whose efforts overwhelmingly funnel additional funds to white households. Whether by design or accident, the Federal Reserve’s actions do more to cement racial inequality than any other entity, group, or organization in existence. By far.

Looked at another way, Trump is soothed by the stock market hitting new all-time highs and I believe this has blunted the seriousness with which he takes SARS-CoV-2. In jamming the stock markets higher, I see the Federal Reserve as also partly responsible for the lame US response to Covid, which has already cost far too many people their lives and many more people their health.

Of course, intervening in the financial markers to push them higher during an election year is a profoundly political act. Something the Fed has absolutely no business doing.

Put all that together and the Federal Reserve is a partisan, political organization that is costing people their lives and health while promoting racial inequality.

Yet it’s given a nearly free pass on all of that from the mainstream press, our supposed watchdog for truth. Hardly is Fed Chair Jerome Powell ever asked a single daunting question along these lines.

Our health organizations like the CDC and the WHO are similarly compromised and complicit, too shot through with political intrigue and pharma money to be of any help.

All of which is both shameful and self-injurious, because if we’d like to avoid a very dark future filled with societal unraveling, then the Fed’s dangerous actions need to be brought to heel. And soon.

However, after all that has transpired, I don’t see much hope of the Fed changing its ways. It has proven it can’t be goaded or shamed into introspection or altering course.

Conclusion
All of which is my way of saying that I am bracing for impact.

I simply don’t know what else to do. We are on our own.

It’s time to consider how you will provide your family with the basics, the very bottom layers of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs — water, food, shelter, resources, health & safety — if the systems we depend on today start weakening:

When people are busy moving down the Hierarchy of Needs, that means society is crumbling.

And folks are already indeed moving. Literally. Real estate for sale in Manhattan is piling up without takers, while more rural properties are being snapped up. Gardens are being planted and guns are being bought.

SARS-CoV-2 has taught many lessons and revealed much. To me, it’s revealed that the elites as led by the Federal Reserve won’t deviate from accelerating inequity until being forced to stop. Whether that will occur via social revolution, the destruction of the purchasing power of the US dollar, or something else, I don’t know.

But I do know that whatever it is, it won’t be the cause of all the misery that will follow. The true culprits are the current and former managers (not leaders) with the Fed and within the DC beltway who failed to protect the vulnerable, set reasonable policies, and conduct themselves with integrity.

So my advice is to brace for impact. There’s nothing any of us can do to affect national monetary policy or stop the major unraveling trends already set in motion, but we can do our best to step outside harm’s way and tend the welfare of ourselves and those we care about as the system falters."

https://www.peakprosperity.com/a-seriou ... martenson/
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: "Brace For Impact"

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:01 pm

I wonder if the author of the article owns precious metals and guns...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:38 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I wonder if the author of the article owns precious metals and guns...

Martensen? You kidding? I guarantee it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:12 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I wonder if the author of the article owns precious metals and guns...

Stevie, thank you for the first laugh of my day....serious, laughs are gifts......yeh, ya think he does?.....off topic, sort of, being ex-military, if you even SAID, "gun" in boot camp, you're on face doing 50 push-ups......so as for me.....i dont own any guns...BANISH THE THOUGHT!!!!! be well, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:36 am

68Camaro wrote:

Martensen? You kidding? I guarantee it.

"68"......still smiling......brother, i had to STOP listening to, and/or reading Chris, and some other guys around early Mar. ....not coz i'm sticking my head in the sand....no. you know my default setting for many years now, where i live, out in the weeds, etc. Its just that i was done with fear, couldnt feed it no more. Nothing against Chris at all. I thank God i DID go into the military early, coz by the last week of Dec 19, i was on yellow alert, by the second week of Jan, i was on red alert, just clicking buttons on amaz#n, and wally world....ramping up on all sorts of supplies...please understand, i'm not telling you and the guys, "i got on red alert in early Jan, coz i'm "so smart".......nooo, its like this, lets say i'm standing in the middle of some railroad tracks, and 400 yards down the track a freight train is blasting towards me, so i get off the tracks......i dont pat myself on the back for getting out the way of the train!! (i'm laughing, its not funny, coz our nation, world is suffering....but you know what i mean)

Brother, i only got one "weapon".....prayer, which i'm breathing out now for every dear soul that might be reading my words.....Faith, not fear, my brothers, much love to you all, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:35 pm

The rest of the year is likely to get very interesting. "Brace for Impact," is the best warning.
With two political parties pulling out all the stops and playing as dirty as possible, media fanning one panic after another, COVID getting worse, the economy on life support, and the Constitution in death gasps, I'm afraid Rawles may have a point.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:47 pm

coppernickel wrote:The rest of the year is likely to get very interesting. "Brace for Impact," is the best warning.
With two political parties pulling out all the stops and playing as dirty as possible, media fanning one panic after another, COVID getting worse, the economy on life support, and the Constitution in death gasps, I'm afraid Rawles may have a point.

CN, before i respond, i really like your statement, quote "Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended".

that says a lot. at the end of my response, i'd like to ask you a question JWR has been right all along, i just dont the money to buy ALL the gear, 3rd gen flir sights, mil-spec commo gear, etc.....you could have all that gear, and one day next nick yourself on a rusty barb wire, and die right quick from sepsis.....the redoubt is great, but the 'great eye' is on it...some of them boys and their summer camps brought a lot of heat down.......but i bet your set up good. i'm upper midwest, near the great river, far from any interstates.....in fact, JWR mentioned my area JUST ONCE (Thank God) and never mentioned it again, which made me happy.....nuff about me,

bud, its code red, expecting rain, BUT, we could splay out every scenario...right?.....i say, lets laugh, lets look for every laugh, smile we can get......wanta a "tell"?.....right now, you cant FIND one Goya product.....thats THE REAL POLL....

Here's what i want to ask you, when you get the time, could you figure out a bid/ask for 95 copper pennies against 75/25 nickels, 95's against 90 ag coin, you know what asking?........i'm not trading any metal coinage for green coupons, when it comes time to trade,like you see the GSR just under a 100, right?.....my top bid would be 30, when it comes to it.........my real bid is 25-20 to 1.......but when it comes to the 95's and nicks, against 90 ag's, i'm in the weeds.....so, if you could, ponder it, and give me your idea of coin bid/ask translation slash market, God love you, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:05 pm

neilgin1 wrote:when it comes to the 95's and nicks, against 90 ag's, i'm in the weeds.....so, if you could, ponder it, and give me your idea of coin bid/ask translation slash market, God love you, n

So, I think you are asking for my thoughts of the ratio of 90% silver is to copper cents or nickels?

Gold, Silver, and Copper ratio are always in flux. That being said they all hold value that will vary in relation to each other. Today silver is $19.27 per ounce and Copper is $2.90 per pound.

If someone wanted to buy a $25 box of copper cents today, for silver, I would ask for $2 in 90% junk silver. I would not accept less than $1.50.

If someone wanted to buy a $100 box of nickels today for silver, I would ask for $12 in 90% junk silver. I would not accept less than $8.

I don't think anyone is interested in buying copper by the box today.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:27 am

I know we have multiple threads running right now, but silver just busted through $20/oz. for the first time since 2016.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals