90% premium at record highs!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

90% premium at record highs!

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Just checked Apmex...

Premiums on 90% silver coin now...

$10.00 above spot!

Holy sheet! :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: 90% premium at record highs!

Postby coppernickel » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Well, we know how quickly they think the price of silver will come back.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Great deal present on 80% here on RC right now - minimal premium!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:50 am

APMEX is showing a mini-bag ($100 face) of Kennedy halves available for $1,798.22. That is a mere 17.98 times face. What the f&*^?!?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby pennypicker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:26 am

Recyclersteve wrote:APMEX is showing a mini-bag ($100 face) of Kennedy halves available for $1,798.22. That is a mere 17.98 times face. What the f&*^?!?

JM Bullion has the same ($100 face) '64 Kennedy half bags at $1442.15 (in stock) this Thursday morning. I stopped shopping at APMEX years ago--"they are who I thought they were"...and they're showing it!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Catfish4u » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Out of stock.......
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:44 am

pennypicker wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:APMEX is showing a mini-bag ($100 face) of Kennedy halves available for $1,798.22. That is a mere 17.98 times face. What the f&*^?!?

JM Bullion has the same ($100 face) '64 Kennedy half bags at $1442.15 (in stock) this Thursday morning. I stopped shopping at APMEX years ago--"they are who I thought they were"...and they're showing it!

Apmex has a lot more inventory than JM Bullion does. They also move way more product. IMO, Ampex is a very well run company. Been dealing with them for over 10 years, never had an issue.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:23 am

Silver ounces one e-bay are all closing over $20 today

Eagles are closing at 25+ (with shipping) today
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 3&_udhi=35
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Morsecode » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:20 am

In a lot of states anything 20% north of spot would be considered price gouging under these declared emergency situations.

CT law specifically mentions 'commodities'...but they were likely thinking of milk and corn flakes, not bags of 90%
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 am

If you auction, can that be gouging?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Morsecode » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:26 am

Nope. I was thinking of apmex and other retail types.

Just playin devils advocate :P
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby pennypicker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:40 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
pennypicker wrote:

Apmex has a lot more inventory than JM Bullion does. They also move way more product. IMO, Ampex is a very well run company. Been dealing with them for over 10 years, never had an issue.

Yes Apmex is a well run company but on the particular items that I buy Apmex prices are high on the retail side whereas JM bullion is always cheaper and are always stocked. I switched from Apmex to JM Bullion eight years ago and I've saved a lot of $ in doing so.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm

pennypicker wrote:Yes Apmex is a well run company but on the particular items that I buy Apmex prices are high on the retail side whereas JM bullion is always cheaper and are always stocked. I switched from Apmex to JM Bullion eight years ago and I've saved a lot of $ in doing so.

Also, Apmex has a price match guarantee (which I take full advantage of), free shipping and insurance. Hard to beat that.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
pennypicker wrote:Yes Apmex is a well run company but on the particular items that I buy Apmex prices are high on the retail side whereas JM bullion is always cheaper and are always stocked. I switched from Apmex to JM Bullion eight years ago and I've saved a lot of $ in doing so.

Also, Apmex has a price match guarantee (which I take full advantage of), free shipping and insurance. Hard to beat that.

Thanks for the info as I wasn't aware of that. Additionally JM Bullion has a shipping facility in Las Vegas which is only 200 miles from me which makes for very quick delivery.
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mflugher » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:18 pm

where is the price match guarantee? I've never seen this on apmex site.

I assume you would have to call in the order to place such a request?
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:22 pm

mflugher wrote:where is the price match guarantee? I've never seen this on apmex site.

I assume you would have to call in the order to place such a request?

Yes, but you have to have status with them to get the price match. Go the bottom of their webpage and click on "Apmex club"... all the info is there.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby mflugher » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Cool, thanks for the tip
:D
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby mishra142 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:26 am

I've been watching the big dealers 90% buy prices closely that have rose a little but not very much. I'm hoping we see a big jump in 90% buy prices and are able to convert to bars for a gain in oz, but low(ish) premium silver has to become available again to make this happen.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppernickel » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:39 am

I dislike the negative connotation on "gouging."

If I have an item I am only willing to sell at a really high price that is a market tool. A roll of toilet paper for $100 is called gouging. A painting for $100 might be cheap. What if we are talking my last roll of toilet paper, a Mona Lisa, or Zimbabwe Dollars?

Markets are supply and demand. It takes two, and a level playing field, for a fair trade.

For metals, silver, gold, copper, nickel, even lead on paper are cheaper than production cost. That can't hold for long.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:08 am

coppernickel wrote:I dislike the negative connotation on "gouging."

If I have an item I am only willing to sell at a really high price that is a market tool. A roll of toilet paper for $100 is called gouging. A painting for $100 might be cheap. What if we are talking my last roll of toilet paper, a Mona Lisa, or Zimbabwe Dollars?

Markets are supply and demand. It takes two, and a level playing field, for a fair trade.

For metals, silver, gold, copper, nickel, even lead on paper are cheaper than production cost. That can't hold for long.

Yup, supply and demand. I guess some feel cheated because they wanted to buy the dip. Gotta super fast when those big dips happen and buy without hesitation. The premiums get adjusted quickly. Timing is everything.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Looking to cash out of your precious metals?

Introducing the e-bay bullion buyback program. :clap:
https://pages.ebay.com/bullion/buyback.html
Thogey

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:04 am

Don’t forget- you can also use the stock market to buy.

There are pros and cons to everything, so let’s not get hung up on that.

When you buy a miner you have to consider that they almost certainly produce more than just silver. So if they produce varying amounts of zinc, copper and gold (along with silver), it can be quite complicated to place a value on the company.

If you are simply saying that silver is going to go up and you want to bet on it without paying markups of 10-30%, you might look at the silver ETF (Ticker: SLV). Caution: If you don’t trust that the custodian of this fund (J.P. Morgan) has enough silver in their possession to cover the assets in the ETF, then you may want to think very carefully before investing in it or avoid altogether. There are those (i.e., silver expert Ted Butler) who are convinced that there isn’t enough silver in the vault. Caveat emptor.

P.S. I absolutely don’t believe in putting all my eggs in one basket. Super rich people can break some rules- Mark Zuckerburg likely has the vast majority of his wealth in FB stock and options. Even if only 5% of his wealth is outside the FB umbrella, he can still live nicely the rest of his life even if Facebook goes belly up. I can’t/won’t take that kind of risk.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Thogey » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:53 am

Eagles selling for 24-27 each on ebay.

Recent completed sales.https://www.ebay.com/sch/Bullion/39482/ ... lver+eagle
Thogey

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:10 am

Thogey wrote:Looking to cash out of your precious metals?

Introducing the e-bay bullion buyback program. :clap:
https://pages.ebay.com/bullion/buyback.html

they can go fornicate themselves.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals