Bank lobbies closed tucson

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bank lobbies closed tucson

Postby cwgii » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:43 pm

Most of the lobbies are closed, no way to buy or turn in coins .anyone else?
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Bank lobbies closed tucson

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:43 am

Have you tried using one of those Coinstar machines where there is no fee if you use the proceeds with one of their chosen vendors? Someone else may know more about this than I do.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:18 am

They are all closed in Tennessee. It looks like they won't open back up until early April.
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Have you tried using one of those Coinstar machines where there is no fee if you use the proceeds with one of their chosen vendors? Someone else may know more about this than I do.

A Coinstar with no fee? That's news to me. I though all of them charged 7-10%.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:Have you tried using one of those Coinstar machines where there is no fee if you use the proceeds with one of their chosen vendors? Someone else may know more about this than I do.

A Coinstar with no fee? That's news to me. I though all of them charged 7-10%.

I'm talking about something I saw a few years ago. I don't use Coinstar machines unless I want to get some free silver!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby mflugher » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:01 pm

At one point you could swap them out for a Paper gift card to certain retailers, Used to be Lowes was on the list and I would do work on rental houses anyway, kept the banks happy that I didn't bring back all those coins. Back when I was still playing with pennies and a ryedale I loved choking a coinstar machine with a few hundered bucks worth of zinc...

I haven't checked lately but I know at least a year ago that lowes hadn't been on the list for the last 3 or 4 x I checked.
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby MUTiger » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:20 pm

Coinstar has fee free for Lowe's, Home Depot, Amazon and many others. I have dumped over $3,000 fee free in Coinstar machines. I have also found a silver quarter and numerous other coins in the reject tray. Wal-Mart Coinstar machines have very limited fee free choices but other locations have many more options. Who knows, you might be able to get some fee free TP from Amazon.

MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals