Looking for historical nickel charts

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Looking for historical nickel charts

Postby John_doe » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:25 am

I would prefer a 100 year chart but will settle for just about anything. Base metals charts are slim pickins.

Also would prefer pound as opposed to by ton.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Re: Looking for historical nickel charts

Postby ZenOps » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Never could find a single nickel listing that old, and I've looked.

Indexmundi dot com will do 30-year old charts by the ton(ne) for most commodities.

I think its some sort of conspiracy, just like how the US history books seem to miss the fact that Canada burned the white house to the ground in 1814 and that the US "accidentally" dropped and detonated a mark 4 nuclear bomb on an uninhabited part of Quebec Canada in 1950 (the radiation is still there)

I do know for sure that back in 1940's that nickel was at par with silver, but not the exact years. If you ever find the information you seek, remember to post back here.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 am

ZenOps wrote:I think its some sort of conspiracy, just like how the US history books seem to miss the fact that Canada burned the white house to the ground in 1814 and that the US "accidentally" dropped and detonated a mark 4 nuclear bomb on an uninhabited part of Quebec Canada in 1950 (the radiation is still there)

So by Canada do you mean the British Governor of Canada ordered a British General to retaliate against the States for war crimes? Canada wasn't exactly a sovereign nation then. Detonated seems a bit misleading too. Apparently the plutonium core was not in that particular bomb since it was being transported. i am not, however, making light of 100lbs of uranium being scattered over the St Lawrence river. Nasty stuff
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby John_doe » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 am

:lol:
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

That's great. Thank you!
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby ZenOps » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Hmm... That chart doesn't look right.

Its definitely missing the nearly two year spike from 1969 to 1970 when there was a rather severe nickel shortage.

Most commonly associated with : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseidon_bubble

Where a nickel miner went from a penny stock to gold, and back again (82 cents to $280 per share)
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins