Legally setting up a switzerland bank account

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Legally setting up a switzerland bank account

Postby ardorlan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 am

I love gold, and silver. Physically having gold/silver is GREAT, Holding Paper Silver/Gold/Oil in a trade account is also good. (Trade account with an american bank).

The Government could always crack down on whatever they want to,
Physically holding would be the hardest to take, with force buys, new force taxes etc...

I am just looking for as many baskets to put my eggs in as I can.
I think one of these baskets could be a Switzerland bank account. (My understand is they now share records with the USA/US-IRS). I have no interest in tax evasion.

Take a look at this chart.
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=USDC ... =undefined

I am about to read this howto guide.
http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal ... count5.htm
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Legally setting up a switzerland bank account

Postby ardorlan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:55 pm

So I read the whole howto document, including the part about "what is a swiss bank account", Doesn't sound to bad and not illegal as long as you follow IRS reporting requirements.

"current IRS regulations require U.S. persons to reveal all foreign accounts when they file their annual income tax if more than a total of $10,000 is held in overseas accounts."

I don't have a ton of money so I wouldn't hit that limit for a while, (of course if hyperinflation happens and 100 Swiss Franc was worth 160 US Dollars now becomes worth 25,000 USD) I would have to report it.

So I guess if the reason I am getting the account happens, I would have to meet the reporting requirement.
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About