Craig's list recycled prepping

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

Craig's list recycled prepping

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:00 pm

So I just scored several hundred pounds of walton wheat, and some oats in 10# cans and 5 gallon sealed plastic buckets. These were stored almost 20 years ago, but properly stored wheat can last 30 years so I still got 10 years left! :lol: These were in the free section on craigslist and were stored in someones garage for all these years. The cans have some rust on the outside but the grain is still good, although I have just been feeding chickens and ducks with it. I will probably just use it for bird feed but that should provide me with a whole lot of eggs. God bless the preppers of yesteryear for my current bounty! Make sure you cycle through your stored goods so you are not just asking someone to take them away sometime in the future, because a nasty economic collapse is likely but you never know what/how/ and when it will happen.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About