This is a great source for Appliance parts

A forum for the discussion of stocking up on non-coin or non-metals survival and comfort items, skills, ideas and anything else that might help if things get bad. Post item lists, where to find bargains, storage ideas and security issues/ideas, and other relevant topics.

This is a great source for Appliance parts

Postby Thogey » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 pm

My Kitchen Aid Dishwasher has been down for a couple years because I'm too stingy to pay the OUTRAGEOUS prices for parts locally and on the web. It is a high end unit.

We'll, recently, Mrs T finally emerged from the crawlspace through all the KFC buckets and pizza boxes, She demanded I fix it.

I found this http://www.partselect.com/. I Picked the parts (which was basically everything) and rebuilt the dishwasher. This dishwasher is locked under a granite countertop, and trust me, it ain't coming out.

I was out the door for under $200 with shipping. I basically replaced every moving part and rubber.

They even have links to repair instruction videos.

Fix it yourself with http://www.partselect.com/

I'm not affiliated with this outfit in any way.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: This is a great source for Appliance parts

Postby BlackOut » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks, I will bookmark for future needs.
BlackOut
Penny Collector Member

Postby messymessy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm

I've used partselect before and they are good company to deal with. The videos are particularly good and very helpful.

I've also had good luck with repairclinic.com. I can't remember, but I think prices are similar.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Wow that's a huge difference.

Thanks for reminding us to check amazon!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About