The Stocks Thread

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

The Stocks Thread

Postby AGgressive Metal » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am

Since equities are anathema to some realcenters, I thought I try to herd it all into one thread. :P But some people are heavily invested in stocks, where others are not but are still active observers of the market. I fall into the latter category - I have less than an ounce of gold in the US stock market, but I love following it and phantom trading with my online account (putting stocks in my watch list as if it were a portfolio and watching the prices).

My favorites are energy stocks (nat gas, coal, oil), tobacco, railroads, AT&T, emerging markets funds, gold and silver miners, and select industry stocks like Honda.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Re: The Stocks Thread

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:49 pm

best stock pick right now is silver standard. they are an emerging producer of silver. they have a claim next to seabridge's KSM that is mostly gold and copper. Seabridge has a nice valuation but hte market is largely ignoring SSRI's brucejack and snowfield claims. one of the reason is SA is 2+ years ahead of SSRI in drilling it out and determining what metal is in the ground. its looking like SSRI may have a richer claim than even Seabridge, and they are still finding more.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby oober » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am

Anyone that bought into Arian Silver, when I was talking about it quite some time ago, congrats, they have now announced production and are up over 40% today.

:)
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby oober » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 pm

If anyone looking for a penny stock play, I have been buying GPXM over the last week, they have put a bottom in, gone thru debt restructuring, initiated a stock and warrant buy back program, and has changed their business model to one like SLW and Sandstorm resources.

Of course DYODD on this as pennys are very volitile.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions