Another way for Americans to get in debt - air tickets

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Another way for Americans to get in debt - air tickets

Postby JadeDragon » Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 am

The travel agent also take bitcoin. http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/29/pf/chea ... _expansion
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: Another way for Americans to get in debt - air tickets

Postby JadeDragon » Mon May 15, 2017 11:34 am

If you can't afford air tickets, don't take a vacation that requires them. This is targeted at people who don't have credit cards. Amazing.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Mon May 15, 2017 9:05 pm

It's the same guys that will help you finance a new pair of high end sneakers. Lots of easy money out there. Thank you Greenspan/Bernanke/Yellen.

http://www.newsweek.com/sneakerheads-financing-shoes-flight-club-30-percent-interest-loans-yeezy-kanye-367358
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:54 pm

And I wince at paying $120 for a pair of sneakers that will help support my aging feet and ankles. I don't understand those who must spend beyond their means to keep up with the latest trends. Regardless of the unnecessary expense, this whole thing is a near-constant source of amazement and laughter. Am I just too old to understand something other than logical thought?
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:21 pm

I like seeing competition with the CC companies, debt is the american way, buy now pay later. It's not like the government is setting an example for the people to follow. The upside is when the merry go round stops, bankruptcy can get rid of the debt and then start all over again. Still, debt is often predatorial like.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions