PREDICTION FOR 2017

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

PREDICTION FOR 2017

Postby Changechecker » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Sitting here with the significant other and I mentioned todays silver price drop. Also discussed the fed rate hike. She suggested making a list of where we would be in a year and stuffing it in an envelope to see where prices will be.
If the federal reserve raises rates three times next year as suggested we could see big changes.
By January 2018, I could imagine silver dropping to the $13.00 range. Gold around $800.
Gas prices climbing to $3.50 in N.Y.,
The housing market collapsing as rates climb above 6% on the 30 year fixed.
Trump will move to replace Yellen as he claims she is detailing his plans for infrastructure programs and increased border defense.
While he may reduce corporate taxes, I can imagine that he will shift the burden onto state and local government.
I think he will not have much luck reversing Obamacare and by 2018 the long predicted recession will be well under way.
While not my hope I'm just concerned that we are in for some tough years ahead.
I would like to hear some other opinions if anyone is interested in sharing. Thanks
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Re: PREDICTION FOR 2017

Postby bluejuice915 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:37 pm

My Prediction (A quasi-addition to the 5 years from now thread):

Trump will set a new record for the longest inauguration speech.
-_-
I want to be wrong, except it's so satisfying to say I was right.
... and the world descended into chaos as the select survivors cried about the surrounding stupidity.
bluejuice915

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 am

My prediction- when Trump backs away from a confrontation for the first time, someone in the media will use the term "Orange Chicken" to describe him (orange referring to his hair color). That is a serious prediction, by the way.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scyther » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:My prediction- when Trump backs away from a confrontation for the first time, someone in the media will use the term "Orange Chicken" to describe him (orange referring to his hair color). That is a serious prediction, by the way.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

My prediction- silver at $12-14. Trump will disappoint, his supporters will make excuses for him, and I won't regret voting for him, because yes, I still think it's funny.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions