So close!

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

So close!

Postby theshoenlebens » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:12 am

The new guy at work and I were talking. I commented about taking in some pennies after work and he then tells me his dad, fiancee and himself just rolled up $320 worth of coins. I said CRAP, bring them to me and I'll just give cash for them on the spot. He called his dad but it was too late. :x I can't really get any amount of coins from any banks easily so this would have been perfect to help grow the hoard.
Oh well, They all know,at work,to just bring me in their coins now. I think I made myself clear . :lol:
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: So close!

Postby twentybux » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Yep...once you let out the CRAP yell, they knew you were da man. :lol: I bet next time he'll think of you. Good luck with the banks. Gotta smooze the head teller. My best bribes...I mean gifts are homemade muffins from a town 25 miles away. Those poor girls don't have a bakery (bake shop) any where near them. Man, they just go ga-ga over me when I show up. Gotta find your in. Best of luck! :mrgreen:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: So close!

Postby theshoenlebens » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:12 am

Thanks.I'm working on the smooching part. Started just ordering pennies and had all the tellers wanting to know what I'm doing with them. I just tell them I'm lookimg for wheats and they all thought that was cool.
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to USA Numismatics