2009 nickels

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

2009 nickels

Postby coindood » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:17 pm

I accumulated a D roll from circulation just because of the low mintage but are they really worth hanging on to? I'm clearing out some of the clutter in my collection and not sure about hanging on to these. Thoughts?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: 2009 nickels

Postby rainsonme » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:50 pm

Oddly enough, I sold some 2009 nickels --- about the only coins I have ever sold. The P's are worth more. But I keep all the 2009 nickels. I think I got $0.35 each for them. The buyer only wanted about 15, so I am still working my day job. I think he bought both D's and P's --- I was too much in shock to concentrate, and all I could think of was how I was going to spend that $5.25 --- you understand.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 2009 nickels

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:21 am

2009 dimes were also commanding premiums back when they first came out, but I don't know what the premiums are now. I've found just a handful of nickels and dimes in the wild- can't remember whether they were P's, D's or both.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics