Help is this real 1844 1/2 Anna from a coin counter!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting, converting, using, and saving world coins.

Help is this real 1844 1/2 Anna from a coin counter!

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:00 pm

As you may know my son Franklin get junk out of coin counters see http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8274 And today got this is it real? It looks like it could be a replica. It has a copper sound. I can not find any info on Google.
ImageImage
[img]https:/
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Help is this real 1844 1/2 Anna from a coin counter!

Postby Country » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Looks like a recent crude imaginery coin to me.

The UK did not exist when the East India Company minted coins in the 1830s and 1840s. None of those old coins had UK on them. Further, the majority of these EIC coins had an arabic inscription on them too. Sorry... :(
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: Help is this real 1844 1/2 Anna from a coin counter!

Postby Thogey » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Don't jump off a bridge Joe!

That's is until you find out what it is.

The funny thing is, how heavily circulated it looks.

Somtimes these wierd replica ripoff coins can be quite valuable. It's not a worthless as an 82 zinc.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to World Coin Collecting & Numismatics