*Official July 2018 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Tracking Threads Only
By request, this area is only for coin sorting tracking threads. To reduce clutter only threads authorized by Realcent Admin are allowed here. Ask if you have an idea for a new tracking thread. Happy searching!

*Official July 2018 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Country » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:43 pm

xxx
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: *Official July 2018 Half Dollars and Other Coins

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:37 pm

I'll get this one started. Got $68.50 face value (CWR's) from my bank. Saw the $8.50 loose and it appeared there was a silver coin in the stack, so I decided to take all the rolls. The rolls had nothing, but the $8.50 loose had a 40%er (1969) and a 90%er (a very nice looking 1962 proof Franklin half). I would not call this an impaired proof- it looks quite nice. Doesn't appear to be a cameo, but still a keeper.

In my last silver find last month I found a pre-64 half for the first time since October, 2010. And now I find another. Could it be that things are changing in terms of finding silver at the banks. Or did I just get lucky? I think I just got lucky.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Contradiction » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:17 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:I'll get this one started. Got $68.50 face value (CWR's) from my bank. Saw the $8.50 loose and it appeared there was a silver coin in the stack, so I decided to take all the rolls. The rolls had nothing, but the $8.50 loose had a 40%er (1969) and a 90%er (a very nice looking 1962 proof Franklin half). I would not call this an impaired proof- it looks quite nice. Doesn't appear to be a cameo, but still a keeper.

In my last silver find last month I found a pre-64 half for the first time since October, 2010. And now I find another. Could it be that things are changing in terms of finding silver at the banks. Or did I just get lucky? I think I just got lucky.

Share the luck...please.
Contradiction
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Saabman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 am

Monday's box of halves yielded..... 1 x 68!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 am

Thursday's box of halves yielded..... 1 x 60 :-D , 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 66, 1 x 67, and 1 x 69!!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09 am

Dang!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Saabman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 am

Friday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 67, and 1 x 68!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Contradiction wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:I'll get this one started. Got $68.50 face value (CWR's) from my bank. Saw the $8.50 loose and it appeared there was a silver coin in the stack, so I decided to take all the rolls. The rolls had nothing, but the $8.50 loose had a 40%er (1969) and a 90%er (a very nice looking 1962 proof Franklin half). I would not call this an impaired proof- it looks quite nice. Doesn't appear to be a cameo, but still a keeper.

Share the luck...please.

I don't like to rely on luck. Hard work is what generates legitimate results. Look at what saabman does. He goes through about $1,500 of halves a week! He gets some silver virtually every week, but it isn't easy. Still, I can appreciate what he does.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:55 am

Tuesday's box of halves yielded..... 1 x 67 and 1 x 68!!

Recyclersteve - Thanks for the kind words........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm

On a roll man. Keep it up.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:23 am

Thanks Deal!

Thursday's box of halves yielded....... 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 67, and 3 x 68!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Saabman wrote:Thanks Deal!

Thursday's box of halves yielded....... 1 x 64 :-D , 1 x 67, and 3 x 68!!!

Hey saabman:

I'll ask my question a bit differently this time. Do you set aside the silver halves you find in $500 boxes separately from your other silver (stuff you got years ago, bought from dealers, etc.)? If so, how much (approximate amt. is fine) have you managed to pull out in 90%ers and 40%ers? Also, I'm guessing that about 1/6 or 1/7 of the silver you find are 90%ers. Is that about right? (That's roughly what I've found in 10+ years of searching, but I suppose it could vary from one part of the country vs. another.)

If this is too personal, I understand.

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Recyclersteve - the only items I separate out are any numi stuff I purchase (which is rare). Everything else just goes into boxes including the detecting coins/rings, etc. If you go back about five years on this thread, Country used to do a break down of 40% to 90%. But honestly, I'm not sure of the current percentages. I have a feeling you and I have about the same ratio though.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:16 am

Friday's box of halves yielded....... 2 x 67 and 8 x 68!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm

$300 CWR dimes

1 Silver Rosie 1964
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:04 am

Monday's box of halves yielded........ 1 x 66 and 4 x 67!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:20 am

Way to go Roger. :thumbup: Keep it up.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:26 am

Saabman wrote:Recyclersteve - the only items I separate out are any numi stuff I purchase (which is rare). Everything else just goes into boxes including the detecting coins/rings, etc. If you go back about five years on this thread, Country used to do a break down of 40% to 90%. But honestly, I'm not sure of the current percentages. I have a feeling you and I have about the same ratio though.

Thanks.

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:17 am

Thanks Nick! Good to see you're still around. Hope all is well!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:17 am

Thursday's box of halves...........skunk........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Contradiction » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:25 pm

Saabman wrote:Thursday's box of halves...........skunk........

It's good to know you're human. I was beginning to think that driving a Saab had turned you into a Norse god.
Contradiction
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Saabman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Contradiction wrote:
Saabman wrote:Thursday's box of halves...........skunk........

It's good to know you're human. I was beginning to think that driving a Saab had turned you into a Norse god.

You might not be a Norse god, but you certainly feel like one when you drop the top and tool around in your classic 900 turbo! :D
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:47 pm

I wish I was a good cartoonist. I'm getting this funny visual about a Saab driving around town loaded to the gills with boxes and boxes of half dollars! The car could be stopped at a red light and the person in the car next to the Saab would say, "Hey mister, all four of your tires are flat." And the Saab would just speed away- with a very faint sound of silver ringing as the car hit a speed bump... :)

Recyclersteve

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:34 am

Been traveling the last few days........ finally back at it........

Thursday's box of halves yielded...... 1 x 66 and 1 x 67!! And a magicians coin........
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Saabman » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:24 am

Friday's box of halves.........skunkage.
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Tracking Threads Only