I met Thogey's widow at the dump bank today

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I met Thogey's widow at the dump bank today

Postby Engineer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 am

Today while dumping a bag and a half of dimes, I ran into a teller who perfectly fit Thogey's proverbial description of a pile driving widow. She looked to be retirement age and wasn't the slightest bit impressed with the Barber dime I pulled out to show her what was in the bag.

I think I'll keep dumping there for a while...if for no other reason than to honor the memory of her soon-to-be dead husband. :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: I met Thogey's widow at the dump bank today

Postby CardsNCoins » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:05 am

I knew what you meant, but the title reads a little creepy. :lol:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 am

Thogeyisms --
old elderly widow brings in the rest of her, probably happily, dead husband's coins.

What the hell is wrong with these women? No wonder the man wants to die first.

and
The proverbial elderly old widow who just finished pile driving her old man into the grave. He's happy to be there too. But since she is all-knowing, as all these old bats are, and he was totally broken and emasculated, her final act of victory was to take his collection to the bank. Same old story....

And --
Same old story. Most of us have benifited and picked up someone's hard earned booty.

It's always the "all knowing, never wrong" widow who just drove the old man into the grave, he's glad to be there too.

The old broad cashed in his coins at face. Same old story.

And
... believe the oldman is/ was a moron!. I'll bet he is the happiest he's ever been. No matter where his soul is. Congrats. We should start an "elderly old widow just threw her late (yet happy) husbands coin collection away and now I'm happy "thread I absolutely LOVE picking these up!

and --
The elderly old widow left another present. She's still wondering why that stupid old bastard kept those coins for the past 45 years.

and--
... any of the silver....they shared amongst themselves the treasure. They wouldn't even sell me the pennies. Correction: It was an "all knowing Elderly old widow" who just finished pile driving her(idiot coin collecting)r husband into the grave

and--
You did the right thing but..... I'll do this again: Typical story describing the elderly old broad ,who effing nailed his coffin shut, because she had nothing better to do. He was an idiot, hanging on to those coins when he could have just just taken them to the ...

and--
... she asked. Most of us score cheap PM's at garage sales all the time. Are we ripping people off? Hell I've walked right up behind the all knowing, elderly-old widow and bought her, happily dead husband's coins from the bank teller at face.

and
If I saw a clueless kid in line to depost silver I would give him the info before I bought them. But, the elderly old widow who made her husband miserable and finally put him in the ground with her constant bitching and know it all attitude?.......those ...

They had another $20.00 of the elderly old widow's, (happily) dead husband's, hoard waiting for me at my pickup.
My name was written on the box with a sharpie.

Solid copper with 2 rolls of wheats and 9-1943s.

That's nice.

and--
When scoring the all-knowing, elderly. old widow's dead (happily) husband's hoard..

Is it possible there is a ghost attached?

and--
Tellers said they would call when old elderly widow brings in the rest of her, probably happily, dead husband's coins.

Last edited by henrysmedford on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:29 am

henrysmedford wrote:Thogeyisms --
old elderly widow brings in the rest of her, probably happily, dead husband's coins.

and
The proverbial elderly old widow who just finished pile driving her old man into the grave. He's happy to be there too. But since she is all-knowing, as all these old bats are, and he was totally broken and emasculated, her final act of victory was to take his collection to the bank. Same old story....

And --
Same old story. Most of us have benifited and picked up someone's hard earned booty.

It's always the "all knowing, never wrong" widow who just drove the old man into the grave, he's glad to be there too.

The old broad cashed in his coins at face. Same old story.

and --
The elderly old widow left another present. She's still wondering why that stupid old bastard kept those coins for the past 45 years.

:lol: :clap:
I love hearing about the proverbial elderly old widow .
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I added to the list see above.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:47 pm

An even DOZEN. Man, Thogey... you need to go to therapy.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:04 pm

uthminsta wrote:An even DOZEN. Man, Thogey... you need to go to therapy.

I think it might be best if you don't get him started on his step-mother. :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby bman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:12 pm

if it wasn't for those widows there might not be anything to find when we roll hunt. :thumbup:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

I put a copy of the "Thogeyisms" in the closet on top of the coins so the wife will have something to read when I die.

henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby mtalbot_ca » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 pm

beauanderos wrote:
uthminsta wrote:An even DOZEN. Man, Thogey... you need to go to therapy.

I think it might be best if you don't get him started on his step-mother. :shock:

+1 :clap:
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:10 pm

this happens to be the funniest thing I have read in weeks. thanks guys. :lol:
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 pm

henrysmedford wrote:I put a copy of the "Thogeyisms" in the closet on top of the coins so the wife will have something to read when I die.

This is a great idea and I recommend it for every man on this forum.

Or between the time you fog up your last mirror and your colostomy bag gets cold, she'll be selling your Morgans at 5X face to a pawn shop.

It's worth a try anyway.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby twentybux » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 pm

I can't believe no one has said this yet so..... Bully!!!! :thumbup:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals