Have you noticed?...a new paradigm

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Have you noticed?...a new paradigm

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:12 pm

I've never seen a day like today, let me explain:

Equities trading higher, dollar higher, silver up rather smartly, and gold down a couple dollars.

before if equities and the dollar were higher, silver would be hit hard, and gold trading a tad lower.

it might seem like a small thing, its noon central time, so the day isn't complete, but....just an observation.

on a side note, I told Raymundo this, I was fortunate enough to pick up a "roll" (its really a long white tray in roll shape) of 1971-S Ike Dollar 40 Ag Proofs from a one man operation, a seller I've dealt with extensively, who does NOT cherry pick. "How do you know this?"

Trust me, I know.

as with corn and wheat spreads, I look for niche markets, and over the past 7 years,i made high MS Ag Ike's (both browns and blues, that proof and uncirc) one of my niche markets, and to that end, I have stacked a substantial FV amount of these Ike's. I always thought this niche market, in raw rolls was undervalued,and overlooked...overlooked is the imperative word.

I also hit on a few other niche 90%'ers, etc....i'm PCGS, and I watch auctions, never slabbed, but now i'm of the mind to selectively slab, as I have been training my "grading eye"...(and yes I do "wobble"..lol)...and in trading my "eye", I haven't fallen into the trap of where my coins "grade higher", instead I get "harsh" with my coins, looking for reason to ding down a grade.

I believe ,for me, its time to lightly slab the beauty queens, as in the future, hot money will flee to asset classes that are tangible, and if successful, do a 50/50, 50% for Maples, which is the only Ag bullion coin I have any interest in, and 50% to amp up even further retiring debt.

and on a final note, I've decided to cast my one vote for Dr. Ben Carson
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... -president
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Have you noticed?...a new paradigm

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:28 pm

QE4 talk, algos buying, short covering, PPT stepping in, bad news is good news, etc...

The day of reckoning has not arrived yet... soon perhaps, but not yet.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm not saying how often it happens, but I've seen days before when the stock market was up- along with gold and silver. Keep in mind that all were down sharply quite a bit in late 2008. Also, don't forget the famous quote- "The markets can remain irrational longer than you and I can remain solvent." (and that quote was decades before QE even existed) So I try to be prepared for just about anything.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:46 am

Recyclersteve wrote:I'm not saying how often it happens, but I've seen days before when the stock market was up- along with gold and silver. Keep in mind that all were down sharply quite a bit in late 2008. Also, don't forget the famous quote- "The markets can remain irrational longer than you and I can remain solvent." (and that quote was decades before QE even existed) So I try to be prepared for just about anything.

true.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:34 pm

It definitely smells like QE. Just look at what the PPT did after the Dow got within 1 point of 16000, a mini-mega-rally. Everything now rising in price. This wasn't a kneejerk reaction to the non-rate hike, because things went downward after that. It seems the markets got a fix, but the Fed can't advertise that without also removing any chance of a future rate hike which would further damage credibility.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals