Teller Tray Roulette

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Teller Tray Roulette

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Sat May 09, 2015 8:30 pm

A quick stop at the bank this week found an Ike and 3 halves in the teller tray. I bought them, and all 3 were 40%.

Keep searching - they're still out there!
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Teller Tray Roulette

Postby silverstacker » Sat May 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Dr. Cadmium wrote:A quick stop at the bank this week found an Ike and 3 halves in the teller tray. I bought them, and all 3 were 40%.

I'm constantly doing this and asking for Ike's Asia finding out some of the tellers have had them in their trays for months and can't get rid of them. In the last month I've bought close to 150 Ike's. All clad but I will take that in a heartbeat!
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:35 am

silverstacker wrote:
Dr. Cadmium wrote:A quick stop at the bank this week found an Ike and 3 halves in the teller tray. I bought them, and all 3 were 40%.

I'm constantly doing this and asking for Ike's Asia finding out some of the tellers have had them in their trays for months and can't get rid of them. In the last month I've bought close to 150 Ike's. All clad but I will take that in a heartbeat!

don't mean to be an old nag, but remember clad Ikes are 22.6 gms, and 40's are 24.6 gms, but I know you know this....and for everything that's holy, Stack, get outta the Windy as SOON as can! I know its hard, you gotta earn....but that city...its gone REALLY bad, cameras everywhere, summer's body count in the ghetto, that lil grey man as mayor.....think north, past the state line...I remember that city when it was WAY different....sure it was a city.....but.....may God make it easy for you....flee, as soon as you can. fondly, n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Tue May 12, 2015 9:54 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
silverstacker wrote:

don't mean to be an old nag, but remember clad Ikes are 22.6 gms, and 40's are 24.6 gms, but I know you know this....and for everything that's holy, Stack, get outta the Windy as SOON as can! I know its hard, you gotta earn....but that city...its gone REALLY bad, cameras everywhere, summer's body count in the ghetto, that lil grey man as mayor.....think north, past the state line...I remember that city when it was WAY different....sure it was a city.....but.....may God make it easy for you....flee, as soon as you can. fondly, n

The new Chicago motto is "come for the Deep Dish Pizza and stay because you were murdered"

I have my location as Chicago but actually I'm close to 50 miles west of Chicago out in the deep deep corn fields. Very different and conservative out here. Even though the state is always democratic my county is republican. Fly the flag proudly on my block :thumbup:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Wed May 13, 2015 6:02 am

hated the fact that all of the laws / taxes in Illinois were based on Chicago....
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sat May 16, 2015 12:35 am

silverstacker wrote:
The new Chicago motto is "come for the Deep Dish Pizza and stay because you were murdered"

I have my location as Chicago but actually I'm close to 50 miles west of Chicago out in the deep deep corn fields. Very different and conservative out here. Even though the state is always democratic my county is republican. Fly the flag proudly on my block :thumbup:

I'm the same way. I live about 2 hours southwest of chicago, my backyard is a cornfield and the small town I live in has been voted several years as a top 10 place to raise a family in the entire country. Very conservative here. We Illinoisians get a bad rep for Chicago when 90% of the state is nothing like Chicago.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun May 17, 2015 4:51 am

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:
silverstacker wrote:
I'm the same way. I live about 2 hours southwest of chicago, my backyard is a cornfield and the small town I live in has been voted several years as a top 10 place to raise a family in the entire country. Very conservative here. We Illinoisians get a bad rep for Chicago when 90% of the state is nothing like Chicago.

-The Great

If you are talking about the population, I respectfully beg to differ. The population of the state of Illinois (per Wikipedia) is 12,880,000. Of those, 9,522,434 live in the metro Chicago area. That is 74% of the state's population.

On the other hand, places like Springfield, Moline are totally different than the big city.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sun May 17, 2015 11:33 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
If you are talking about the population, I respectfully beg to differ. The population of the state of Illinois (per Wikipedia) is 12,880,000. Of those, 9,522,434 live in the metro Chicago area. That is 74% of the state's population.

On the other hand, places like Springfield, Moline are totally different than the big city.

I think you are taking the 90% figure too literal. I also was referring to the areas, Chicago is a small portion of Illinois in reference of area, not population. Go south of I-80 and things are quite a bit more conservative and small town-ish feeling. Even in 100k+ population cities like Springfield! champaign and Bloomington, are small town type cities. The same can be said of most of NY outside NYC. Illinois has 59 districts and most are not in the Chicago area.

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Sun May 17, 2015 7:40 pm

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:

I think you are taking the 90% figure too literal. I also was referring to the areas, Chicago is a small portion of Illinois in reference of area, not population. Go south of I-80 and things are quite a bit more conservative and small town-ish feeling. Even in 100k+ population cities like Springfield! champaign and Bloomington, are small town type cities. The same can be said of most of NY outside NYC. Illinois has 59 districts and most are not in the Chicago area.

-The Great

Couldn't agree more. Even west of aurora things change dramatically
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri May 22, 2015 11:46 pm

I misunderstood what was being said. Thanks for the clarification guys.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals