"Silver Update 2/22/15 True Value" ( thousand dollars a toz)

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Silver Update 2/22/15 True Value" ( thousand dollars a toz)

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:30 am

pretty interesting commentary from BrotherJohnF:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: "Silver Update 2/22/15 True Value" ( thousand dollars a

Postby pennypicker » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks Neil for the interesting audio. I take comfort in knowing that the value of my silver stack is "infinite" :thumbup:
"IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO WIN THE GAME I WOULD PICK MICHAEL JORDEN...IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO SAVE MY LIFE I WOULD PICK LARRY BIRD"--Pat Riley, Laker Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coindood » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Selling war nicks under spot @ $50 each. :mrgreen:
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:17 pm

coindood wrote:Selling war nicks under spot @ $50 each. :mrgreen:

$50 of paper fiat?....nay. here's my counter offer

or......

when silver gets to $1000 a toz, things might get so hairy, if you don't have a crew with you, when you're trading, this might be the counter offer from folks with no heart or morals.

:wave:

don't take offense friend, the response is for illustrative purposes
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby coindood » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:25 pm

I see your point. I'll revise it to two cartons of cigs per war nick.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:32 pm

coindood wrote:I see your point. I'll revise it to two cartons of cigs per war nick.

whew! i'm glad you didn't take my post the wrong way.....I enjoy speculating on alt-currency, barter, what would be worth what.

its late (for me) otherwise we could have a trading session, I got a stack, and I do have quite a few cans of bugler and blue American spirit.....but I know you might need tobacco, so lets say we knew each from barter swap meets anyway.......by golly, i'd let you roll one up before we got to trading anyway. (if you were out, and craving....that's just what a friend does)

glad ya didn't take it wrong...really am. i'll pick this up later, deal?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby fansubs_ca » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 am

coindood wrote:I see your point. I'll revise it to two cartons of cigs per war nick.

I've seen people not get their tobacco, either break the addiction now or stock up now,
one or the other. Judgement is not at it's best when going through withdrawls, and if
things ever get that bad you'll need good judgement to get through it.
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:00 pm

If things are bad enough we need to barter, then the silver is likely near worthless. That tobacco, maybe the water, any food or medicine is the silver for such a period, and arguing seeds for next season the gold, my math anyway. Atleast until things are heading towards being normalized. probably a better time to add to ones stack rather then trade it for things, save it for later to hold wealth to "the other side" of a crisis. For you or loved ones. Maybe Im wrong but thats what Id expect myself.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Treetop wrote:If things are bad enough we need to barter, then the silver is likely near worthless. That tobacco, maybe the water, any food or medicine is the silver for such a period, and arguing seeds for next season the gold, my math anyway. Atleast until things are heading towards being normalized. probably a better time to add to ones stack rather then trade it for things, save it for later to hold wealth to "the other side" of a crisis. For you or loved ones. Maybe Im wrong but thats what Id expect myself.

A good book that goes through many of the withdraw symptoms like tobacco, drugs, etc are presented in a book that a read from a friend on this site called " one second after"

It became very ugly for those that went through the withdraws. Hard enough for those that need insulin and other life savings drugs.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:41 am

neilgin1 wrote:

when silver gets to $1000 a toz, things might get so hairy, if you don't have a crew with you, when you're trading, this might be the counter offer from folks with no heart or morals.

Is that a GoPro camera you are pointing at me? :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Catfish4u » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 am

Treetop wrote:If things are bad enough we need to barter, then the silver is likely near worthless. That tobacco, maybe the water, any food or medicine is the silver for such a period, and arguing seeds for next season the gold, my math anyway.

I will be gladly trading tobacco, spirits, water, food, medicines, toilet paper, etc. for silver and gold. Silver and gold will be kings in my locality!
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:27 am

I still believe that the ultimate currency will be lead, and the ability to keep what's yours with it.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:15 am

NotABigDeal wrote:I still believe that the ultimate currency will be lead, and the ability to keep what's yours with it.

Deal

I heard and read stories about preppers, who mostly stack lead, because their "gameplay" is to use their lead to END other folks ability to keep what is theirs.

i'm not accusing you of this DEAD end strategy.....but where I live, that kind of strategy will be dealt with quickly and without remorse.

Please don't take offense. I believe that might be true in parts where the population density is above 7 people per square mile, but below that density, where everybody knows everybody.... up here, strangers, or gangs of strangers will be seen long, before THEY see anybody, the hills have eyes.

postadd:
There is also a small but ingrained subculture within spheres of survivalism that embraces the strategy of the “prepper pirate,” essentially planning their subsistence around the idea of taking what they need from others as a form of evolutionary realism. They believe that the “survival of the fittest” is more important than the survival of the principled.

In mainstream yuppie culture, this attitude would be labeled insane. Yet urban and suburban television addicts often cheer the concept of the ends justifying the means in their favorite prime time shows and consistently argue for morality stretching policies within government (as long as their “team” is in control of the football in Washington, D.C.). I have little doubt they would adopt such thinking in the event that disaster does strike and they find themselves unprepared amid desperate conditions.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/a ... d_02192015

Way of the Coyote.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:05 am

Recyclersteve wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Is that a GoPro camera you are pointing at me? :)

When I saw the picture, what I thought was "this is probably what it looks like to be friends with Aaron Hernandez."
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 pm

good deal we got Wikipedia, as I was thinking "who's Aaron Hernandez?"

Lord have mercy, a bad man for sure.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 pm

neilgin1 wrote:good deal we got Wikipedia, as I was thinking "who's Aaron Hernandez?"

Lord have mercy, a bad man for sure.

Not to get off topic here but I can't believe those dirtbags that wrote those awful things about Curt Schillings daughter. I heard he found all 4 or 5 of them and some were fired and disciplined.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:38 am

neilgin1 wrote:

Exactly! Smile, Say Cheese, and wait for the FLASH!
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:53 am

Gold and Silver are for after several year's worth of food, several firearms useful for your area, and tens of thousands rounds of ammo. (Not that I have any of that stuff.)

Comes a time when you want to store wealth that does not take up near as much room.

Thought from "Alas Babylon": Get straight razors from the 2nd hand market. Extras to trade. Look up care and sharpening, etc, on the internet.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Doing the exact opposite of "brother john" tells you to do will make a LOT of money.

It's my belief that ammo will be worth more than gold someday.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Mossy wrote:Gold and Silver are for after several year's worth of food, several firearms useful for your area, and tens of thousands rounds of ammo. (Not that I have any of that stuff.)

Comes a time when you want to store wealth that does not take up near as much room.

Thought from "Alas Babylon": Get straight razors from the 2nd hand market. Extras to trade. Look up care and sharpening, etc, on the internet.

done and done, also Penny, I agree in theory, but the discussions that would result from THAT theorizing, I wouldn't wanna have on a public forum, and i'm sure you'd agree. Plus, when we talk about ammo, in that situation, death is close behind, and any man that has a warrior's clean cold heart, BUT still has a soul and love there too, even prevailing in defense, would do a lot of inner harm.

I know this all wouldn't be a film,it would be real, dirty and full of pain and I just posted this a little while back, but I THINK it speaks to what i'm TRYING to say, though I feel i'm dancing with words, when the facts on the ground would be blood, death...mayhem. but you got to do what you got to do, when you have to do it....no choice.

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals