60 minutes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

60 minutes

Postby silverstacker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:16 pm

Did anyone watch 60 this evening? The discussion was a second gold rush out west. Apparently they have identified reserves north of $6 billion.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: 60 minutes

Postby Morsecode » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Yep. That's at Adam's house.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Market Harmony » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:45 pm

If you follow the mining sector at all, then to hear of a potential billion dollar deal is quite rare. Many of the miners are cash poor and not looking to add to reserves unless it is a cheap acquisition that does not require immediate exploitation and has an easy path to production. Nothing about the 60 minutes story led me to think that the mushroom pickers claim is going to pan out. Pun intended
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby galenrog » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:34 pm

The mushroom picker provided little in the way of verifiable evidence supporting his opinion of reserves. While the general area holds much promise of economical metals mining, no major is going to purchase or enter a long term lease without ore body definition by their own people.

Opening a new mine is terribly expensive. In some situations the costs before any ore is processed can exceed $500 million. $6 billion in reserves seems a bit low for most of the majors to do more than take a look.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Also I've read that from the time a discovery is made, it can take 7-12 years before real metal is taken out of the ground.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby galenrog » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:16 pm

True. Some can take far longer. There are a few in Oregon that have been in one permitting stage or another for over 25 years. It would be far better if there were not so many government agencies involved that have conflicting regulations.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:56 pm

i'll buy the beans and rice, get the water jugs, AND bring us along a 100 per cent copper still....so lets all git a going.

and i'll kick in fer the sluice.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals