Cry "Uncle!"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Cry "Uncle!"

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:32 am

Well, they've driven silver below $18, I say they won't stop before they drive gold under $1200. :sick: :x

As this is becoming an every day occurence, I would wager a guess that they are using their dump schemes and algorithmic
patterns to implement a long-term price degradation model. The days of seeing green on the metals charts may well be a
thing of the past... if they have their way. :thumbdown:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Cry "Uncle!"

Postby Saabman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 am

Do you think that this might start the paper vs physical pricing?
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:11 pm

I have to admit that this has taken longer than I thought. My view is that this should have happened 2 years ago. I still think $12 and $850 will be the bottom norm. Just my view from reading too many juniors, which I am buying. Most good mid range miners can process at $750 and the smart ones have been doing that for years.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:05 pm

So much for the supply and demand = higher prices meme.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:12 pm

take heart OB...these are cornered gamblers, their days are numbered....this is a ALL a golden opportunity.....and consider this, we have fallen so far, that we reward a chin----sorry a Chinese counterfeiter of United States coinage, alibaba, with their own bells and whistles IPO, and the fools we are....aren't even buying stock in this filthy concern, the fools are buying part of a "holding company".....this nation is going down the tubes so fast, its leaving me breathless.

but not breathless enough to forego stacking.....first stop $100...pause....then $132-175......longer pause, the moonshot, somewhere between $250-400.

course these little grey men will TRY and slap a 50% windfall profits tax on it, sooooooooo....can you say "blackmarket" ?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:29 pm

neilgin1 wrote:course these little grey men will TRY and slap a 50% windfall profits tax on it, sooooooooo....can you say "blackmarket" ?

I tried shopping there once, but all they had was collared greens and fried okra.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby FatherRosado » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 pm

good my sisters birthday gift to me just got cheaper. She's buying me an ASE.
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
FatherRosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:33 pm

You think we are cheap now.........just you wait. ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby knibloe » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:41 pm

You really think it is headed down?
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:58 pm

knibloe wrote:You really think it is headed down?

I think the good doc has thrown around lucky $13...

maybe that's what it'll take to get him to kick out some more rodebars... ;)
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:59 pm

beauanderos wrote:Well, they've driven silver below $18, I say they won't stop before they drive gold under $1200. :sick: :x

As this is becoming an every day occurence, I would wager a guess that they are using their dump schemes and algorithmic
patterns to implement a long-term price degradation model. The days of seeing green on the metals charts may well be a

Ray, or anyone for that matter. Do you think this has the means to dip and stay down to the levels you posted???? Im very shocked to hear that.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:24 am

silverstacker wrote:
beauanderos wrote:Well, they've driven silver below $18, I say they won't stop before they drive gold under $1200. :sick: :x

Ray, or anyone for that matter. Do you think this has the means to dip and stay down to the levels you posted???? Im very shocked to hear that.

they can do whatever they want with the price, until the metals virtually run out. It doesn't cost them anything to manipulate the markets. What's billions, even
trillions... when you can just print more? Compared to quadrillions if the dollar loses its status.
beauanderos

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:37 pm

I know I am probably in the minority here, as I am in the early times of stacking.... but I am loving these lower prices! When I started stacking it was twice the price, so now buying is like getting half off.

I know it just depends on whether you are near the end of your stacking days or the beginning on if you want the price to be high or low. But I'm loving it!

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Yes, these prices are truly a blessing. With the price of everything else real going up, and the price of luxury goods going through the roof, to be able to buy real money at lower and lower prices is such an amazing opportunity.

I refuse to be shaken out :)

My kids will have my stack when everyone else is realizing they are going to need to work as slaves to assist their parents in later life, after the inflationary correction and lack of corresponding pension adjustment.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:52 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:Yes, these prices are truly a blessing. With the price of everything else real going up, and the price of luxury goods going through the roof, to be able to buy real money at lower and lower prices is such an amazing opportunity.

I refuse to be shaken out :)

My kids will have my stack when everyone else is realizing they are going to need to work as slaves to assist their parents in later life, after the inflationary correction and lack of corresponding pension adjustment.

TPE, I think what you really meant to say was "my kids will have my stack when my pension buys nothing... and hey? WTF?!!! I thought they would be assisting me in my old age, the durned slackers!"
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:18 pm

I could use a crash to $4 silver. It won't, but bring it on!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby theo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:56 am

I'm sure we'll see a slew a articles saying "The bankers are desperate!" and 'This manipulation scheme is almost at an end!" However such claims seemed more credible to me three years ago. There is obviously something that these gold/silver experts (along with the rest of us) are missing; an unknown unknown if you will.

Logic would dictate that lower prices will cause shortages in physical silver through higher demand and lower supply. That is true with most assets but not so much with silver. There is considerable industrial demand for silver to be sure, however much of that demand is inelastic. This means that a price decrease of say 5% will not cause a commensurate increase in quantity demanded. One reason is that silver is not major price component in most of the products that use it. In other words silver going down to 17 is not likely to induce Apple to make more Iphones or First Solar more solar panels. Also, the fact that most silver is mined as a byproduct of the mining of copper and gold means lower prices will not necessarily cut quantity supplied.

Of course there is a limit to how low the price can be pushed before conditions become more elastic and the bullion banks seem determined to find exactly what that limit is. Rodebaugh's $13 seems to be a credible candidate.

Investment demand can (and has been) controlled through psychology. Investing in PMs (particularly silver) is seen as a fool's errand by all but a small percentage of investors; and percentage becomes smaller with every resistance point broken.

The conclusion is that silver is the perfect asset to manipulate.

To be clear I still think it is a sound idea to accumulate at these low prices, but we may have to be patient and accept that the manipulation scheme might not be about to end and that the bankers are not quite as desperate as we would like to believe.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 am

Rodebaugh wrote:You think we are cheap now.........just you wait. ;)

Doc, I think your read is right.......here's an interesting 15 minutes or so:

(later post script: I didn't know he was going to do a sales pitch, what intrigued me in the first 5-7 minutes was the correlation between 2008, and 2014.
my only purchases are US 90% rolls/BU's and SAE's ....in fact, thanks to alibaba's tom chicanery, I only buy $20 rolls of slabbed (NGC,PCGS) SAE "GEM UNC"'s.

BUT NOW, the way equities have been trading, the relentless break in Ag,combined with mounting open interest, its looking like 2008/09 all over again,and yeh, we could see $8-13 the toz by year end.

Does that mean I want to flip my stack?....no way. Because I don't think of it as a trading vehicle, or "investment"...at the pain of sounding reduntant, the stack is currency insurance...for six years I been taking paper frn's, and converting them to hard currency, with Newton's law( for every action, there will be an equal but opposite reaction)

so when we get the equities and derive sell off, taking PM's down, then i'll add, 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015...or whenever the PM market is most bleak.

Nice read Doc. n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:35 am

Saabman wrote:Do you think that this might start the paper vs physical pricing?

That will never happen as paper = physical according to those that set the markets. If it didn't mean that then the paper market (much more valuable to those that control the markets) would immediately be invalidated.

That said, you will likely see an up-tick in premiums over spot for silver for a little while, but they have tended to re-adjust over the course of time also to re-normalize.
barrytrot

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:44 pm

The big market crash to come (whenever that is) will likely define the PM low for a short period as people desparate to raise cash or in a foolish belief in conversion to USD as a safe haven will sell at any price. So I don't discount coming further lower prices but common sense suggests it would be transient. That still requires that we all be independent without PMs for some lengthy period. Shelter, food, water, security/ammo etc all need to be prepaid or able to be handled with trade. USD may be required for a time.

I won't stop buying but I will be looking for a too good to pass up price as well.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby silverstacker » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:53 pm

68Camaro wrote:I could use a crash to $4 silver. It won't, but bring it on!

$4 is where I started stacking so I'm game for another run at that price range
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:You think we are cheap now.........just you wait. ;)

Doc, I think your read is right.......here's an interesting 15 minutes or so:

(later post script: I didn't know he was going to do a sales pitch, what intrigued me in the first 5-7 minutes was the correlation between 2008, and 2014.
my only purchases are US 90% rolls/BU's and SAE's ....in fact, thanks to alibaba's tom chicanery, I only buy $20 rolls of slabbed (NGC,PCGS) SAE "GEM UNC"'s.

BUT NOW, the way equities have been trading, the relentless break in Ag,combined with mounting open interest, its looking like 2008/09 all over again,and yeh, we could see $8-13 the toz by year end.

Does that mean I want to flip my stack?....no way. Because I don't think of it as a trading vehicle, or "investment"...at the pain of sounding reduntant, the stack is currency insurance...for six years I been taking paper frn's, and converting them to hard currency, with Newton's law( for every action, there will be an equal but opposite reaction)

so when we get the equities and derive sell off, taking PM's down, then i'll add, 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015...or whenever the PM market is most bleak.

Nice read Doc. n.

Thanks for sharing. Very insightful
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals