People ignorant of what silver is.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

People ignorant of what silver is.

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Not sure if anyone had seen this video, really telling about the average person. Kind of disappointing that NO ONE knows about silver as far as this video shows. Guy at the end of the video compares an ASE to Baseball cards and collecting rather than the silver content and investing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSqA1dRgfbA
Formerly spartan_b88 on old forum.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Re: People ignorant of what silver is.

Postby UDEric » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 pm

I've seen videos like this (admittedly I didn't watch this one but I have an idea what it is about). I've seen the guy who goes around with a 1 oz gold Maple and people won't give him $20 for it because "it's from Canada". I don't doubt at all that there are MANY people who are ignorant to precious metals, but you have to wonder a little how much editing goes into these videos to make people look especially stupid.

Clearly though people are unaware of what they have when you read some of the posts on the tracking threads here where people are finding solid rolls of silver.
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Postby uthminsta » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:19 pm

My first and most lasting impression, is I would not buy that coin from him selling out of his car.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby MO-SILVER! » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Haha some strange man selling stuff out of his car like that would be sketchy. But if I had it in hand and could have it for $5 I'd do it all the way.

"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26
MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby misteroman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Hey, I used to sellBeanie babies out of the trunk of my car. Would drive up to where the crazies were waiting in line and pop the trunk. Was all over after that! :D
misteroman

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 am

Hey, man... let the American public stay ignorant of silver's true value. There is enough competition for the shiny stuff already! Once the comman citizen realizes what it's worth, it will be too late. That is when the price will zoom to the moon. I am not ready, yet. Must get more silver before it skyrockets!!! :)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cerulean » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:04 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Let the American public stay ignorant of silver's true value.

But that makes silver harder to SPEND.
Listening is the linchpin of democracy.
Cerulean
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 am

Now if we can get them to realize the value of CU...of course after we have removed it all from circulation.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Radiant » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Here is a guy trying to sell a 1oz gold maple for $50. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5aRIz1 ... re=related
Radiant
Penny Pincher Member

Postby MO-SILVER! » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:51 pm

Think about how stupid the AVERAGE person is then realize that half of everyone else is stupider. It's a little harsh to say but so true.

MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby MO-SILVER! » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:53 pm

And yes I'm aware stupider isn't a word. Haha it's there for the fun of it.

MO-SILVER!
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Ardent Listener » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Even the people who agreed that the dollar might collapse didn't seem interested in buying the ASE for $5.00. Either they are broke or will spend their last dollar on cheap booze and smokes instead. Most people only live for today.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:12 pm

The video made me sad for the folks interviewed.

I regret the fact they are good folk who are sitting ducks, no fault of their own.

They, like most Americans are set-up to be screwed.

A very un-thogey like statment. I will pray for them, that the almighty will bless them with the knowledge and skills they need to survive. I'll do the same for you.

They are not bad or stupid or foolish, they just don't know. We should educate our fellow Americans.

And if they decide to piss off that knowledge, oh well. I hate to see them suffer because they are ignorant.

The video made me sad for thier state of ingorance on these financial matters and it should do the same for you all.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, I like the fact that so many people are completely ignorant of PMs. Most are completely content with their FRNs and have no clue about the economics of it all. I like buying and hoarding silver and, if more people knew, it would drive the price up so fast that I would have to stop buying. But, on the other hand, I do feel sorry for the people who are completely ignorant. I try to tell some people about it. I figure that if they listen, good for them. If they don't, their problem, not mine. Just my two cents. (copper, of course ;) )
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:00 am

Ignorance kills. People perish everyday only for a lack of knowledge. It drives me crazy and angers me to listen about the suffering of people too willfully ignorant to take care of themselves. Take the tragic stories of people almost dying of thirst when they are surrounded by water. New Orleans after Katrina, Haiti after the quake. Haven't these people ever heard of a freaking solar still??! You can dig a friggin' pit, piss in it, cover it with some form of film, and it you seal it right... you got fresh water to drink the next day. How hard is that?

I taught survival skills for many years to anyone who would listen. Two weeks before 9/11 I taught 25 youths what it would be like to live in the Sudan as Christians under radical Islamists. I thought it was pretty cool. Took them into the basement of a building next to my gun club. There was a skeet shoot going on right next door, so the kids had the realism of live fire during the sermon/lesson. Got chastised for that until the Twin Towers fell.

After the Twin Towers fell, I tried to get the Boy Scouts of my town involved with Civil Defense "cold zone" operations like they were in WWI & WWII. More chastisement. There is more, but why elaborate?

Sorry, I am too busy trying to prepare myself and my family for the uncertain right now to worry anymore about people who are mostly unwilling to learn. After I am ready, I will rethink helping others again.

I apologize if this sounds cold hearted, but IF TSHTF, a lot of these willfully ignorant people are going to die... and they will take many others with them as they go.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals