Just how many sorters do you think there are?

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Just how many sorters do you think there are?

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi all. I completely new and have just started penny sorting and looking for silver sorting opportunities. That said, Realcent has 775 members, I would assume for every 1 that becomes a member there are probably a hundred or so lurkers or sorters who just haven't found this forum yet or are just not very tech-savvy. So - 77,500 people. And probably another 50% who would never discuss it, but have sorted or searched for years. So 116,250 Americans doing this? What do you all think?

I've looked over some of the old stats from Country's tracking threads and don't see a major falloff in Silver per Box over the last couple of years..... but there must be some. How long till its over? Especially at $45 silver?

From my point of view, I'm late to the party. But better late than never. I believe I still have time to eat this elephant.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Re: Just how many sorters do you think there are?

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Welcome - there is still elephant left at the table...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Pennybug » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:23 pm

I've wondered this too. I can tell you that the number of silver sorters is probably MUCH higher. The whole halves searching thing is getting BIG if you start hitting LOTS of banks up like I do. They almost ALL say that they have people looking/asking them for halves several times a week. As for when it stops... I'd say that depends on when our Gov't gets their heads out of their rear ends. If they keep tearing the dollar down... we won't see silver stop... ever. It's going up sooo rapidly because sooo many people (like me) have started moving higher portions of our resources over to silver/gold in fears that the dollar will continue to go down (and may even crash).

As for hoarders/sorters, you have to account for guys like HCBTT. I'd say you'd have to count him and others on here like him like 400 or 500 times. And the Rydale guys gotta leg up on the rest of us too!
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 pm

I have yet to have a teller tell me they have anyone else asking for bags off the machine,special ordering halves or buying boxes of coin for searching.I live in New Orleans,maybe someone else in this city is doing this,but they arent buying at the same banks I do.
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:26 pm

I just asked the other day and the vault mgr told me about 20 other people. The reason I asked was all of the sudden my bank started telling me that they "sold" the bags... I mean what the heck!! find your own bank.. lol.. anyways, I started on pennies because they cut me off of the 50 cent coins but I think I might move over to nickles soon.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins