Nickel Has Just Gone Over $8/Pound!

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Nickel Has Just Gone Over $8/Pound!

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Wow- what a huge move for nickel. It is up almost $1 a pound in just 2 days. This is the highest it has been since about September, 2014- almost 5 full years ago. Still, nickel is a long ways away from it's all-time high of $20+/lb.

I am loving those .999 Canadian nickels that I see from time to time. Keep in mind that if you have a dealer with a big foreign coin tub, you can find coins made entirely of nickel from a number of countries besides Canada:

Ecuador
France
Netherlands
Netherlands Antilles
South Africa
Venezuela

There might be a few other countries as well. Perhaps someone in the know can chime in with others that should be on the list.

I am not really interested in the copper/nickel coins (often 75% copper/25% nickel) such as our Jefferson nickel. They take a lot more space to store and they also would be tougher to melt down as you would have to separate the two metals and it would likely add substantially to your refining costs.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Nickel Has Just Gone Over $8/Pound!

Postby NiBullionCu » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:51 am

There might be a few other countries as well. Perhaps someone in the know can chime in with others that should be on the list.

Here you go:

https://en.ucoin.net/catalog/?composition=22
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Nickel Has Just Gone Over $8/Pound!

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:15 am

Very impressive list of countries! Thanks for taking the time to post this.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins