First Buffalo in the wild.

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

First Buffalo in the wild.

Postby knibloe » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:10 pm

The cup holder in my wife's car was full of change today, so I swiped it. As I was looking at I found a 1921 buffalo. I have been coinr roll searching since 2008 and had figured I would never find one. I came close once. It was in the charity collection jar at McDonalds.

I also found a 1953 King George penny and a wheat penny. It was $44 total in change.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: First Buffalo in the wild.

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:12 pm

$44 in change! I would think that is way above average car change....
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby justoneguy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:12 am

Was it buried deep in the change?
or was it close to the top?
I have to wonder if it came from "Coin Week"
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 am

Coin grats on the buff in the wild...they are truly rare for sure. I find more war nics than buffs.

My son came home the other day and said Dad check this nickel, it is a 1943. Bonus!
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Yes it is a lot of change in the car. She never takes care of it. The cup holder was overflowing and onto the floor. There was a lot of quarters. They add up fast.

The buffalo was on top. Maybe it did come from coin week!
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 pm

I got a Buffalo in the wild about 2 weeks ago from a gas station with a mini-mart. It doesn't have a date, but I can tell that it is a 1913-P Type I (Raised Mound), so I thought that was pretty cool. I merely asked the cashier if he'd seen any strange or unusual looking coins recently and he responded that he had one and didn't know what it was. A co-worker had to tell him it was a nickel.

I think this is the type of coin that could have been planted in circulation during the Great American Coin Hunt held recently.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins