Mint mark over the dome seen from end of roll

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Mint mark over the dome seen from end of roll

Postby plus1hdcp » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:56 pm

As the title says, I stopped by the bank today and picked up 10 rolls each of nickels and cents. I haven't cracked them open yet but at least I know there is one keeper in the lot as the "P" mint mark is visible :D . I have found a couple of rolls with wheat cents visible but this is the first on a roll of nickels.

There was a discussion on another thread a while back about all the rolls with great coins visible on ebay and how so many people all selling "unsearched" rolls. In one man's opinion, of the many number of rolls I have searched I must be extremely unlucky compared to those who have found so many of these and flipping them on ebay.

As for me, it's about time to head to the workbench and see what's in these rolls. I'm hoping for another keeper or two.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Mint mark over the dome seen from end of roll

Postby cooyon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Nice find, and good luck! Keep us posted.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby hobo finds » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:27 pm

I hope its a full roll of them! Let us know...
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby plus1hdcp » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Kind of anti climatic - The ag was a 43P and nothing else noteworthy, just 4 other coins pre 60. Added 1 more wheat to the stack out of the cents. Slowly but surely I will keep after it although I was looking for one of those good scores. Oh well.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins