Found unlimited supply of .999 CA nickles for 7.5c shipped..

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Found unlimited supply of .999 CA nickles for 7.5c shipped..

Postby camtender » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Thinking of selling all copper and just going CA nickels due to storage. I just don't see the copper value if you can get the ...9 for near face.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Re: Found unlimited supply of .999 CA nickles for 7.5c shipp

Postby NHsorter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Yeah, that's a good deal. Load up.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 pm

I would.

But don't be surprised if your unlimited supply at 7.5 becomes 8.5, or 9.25 at some point. Demand has a funny way of affecting Supply.

Good luck!
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby camtender » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 am

My thoughts too, sell all the copper asap to get all I can at the current price.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Also make sure they are specifically saying .999 instead of pre-82 which could include war nicks. And, if it is a sizable quantity, you might want to make sure the other party has had good experience with properly packaging his/her shipments.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby LooseChange » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Have you asked about a direct trade, eliminated the need to sell/buy and kill it in one fell swoop?
"You can go if you want, but all they make are coins there"- Quote from the Philidelphia, PA visitors center desk clerk, after inquiring about going on a tour of the MINT
LooseChange
Penny Collector Member

Postby camtender » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Funny thing about the coins, most are the older ones which have the younger woman on it and about of quarter of them are from early 1950's to 1940's with the guy on the coins. I think the newest ones are from the 1970s. I have got several hundred of the WWII ones that are made of copper, I just sort using the Ryedale to get those out. I have got about a hundred pounds + so far.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 am

How unlimited of a supply are you talking about?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins