My NOFTSON Bucket

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

My NOFTSON Bucket

Postby Know Common Cents » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:16 pm

I've been saving bullion nix for many years. My daughter is in college now, but when she was very young, I taught her about saving nix, too. I made up a clever (?) name for the large plastic bucket I still use today for bulk nix (before bagging and storing).

I call the bucket "NOFTSON." That stands for Nickel Only For The Sake Of Nickel. Nothing collectible winds up in the NOFTSON bucket. Was fun to have my daughter come home from school or after being with friends saying, "Dad, I've got 2 more for the NOFTSON bucket." It's a word she remembered very well and couldn't
understand why everyone didn't have one in their house.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: My NOFTSON Bucket

Postby justoneguy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 am

gotta love that.
it's so important to teach our kids about money.
+ how to have more of it than just from our jobs.
buy + sell, save, do side jobs.
the best part tho is just being involved in each others lives in a special way :D
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am

Is it US Nickel or CAN Nickel?
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby PreservingThePast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Know Common Cents wrote:I've been saving bullion nix for many years. My daughter is in college now, but when she was very young, I taught her about saving nix, too. I made up a clever (?) name for the large plastic bucket I still use today for bulk nix (before bagging and storing).

I call the bucket "NOFTSON." That stands for Nickel Only For The Sake Of Nickel. Nothing collectible winds up in the NOFTSON bucket. Was fun to have my daughter come home from school or after being with friends saying, "Dad, I've got 2 more for the NOFTSON bucket." It's a word she remembered very well and couldn't
understand why everyone didn't have one in their house.

Awesome!!!

Enjoy your coin searches, everyone. :geek:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:13 am

Bump- old post, but still a great idea. I love reading stories like this.

But there could also be a SOFTSON bucket for silver. Of course, it would take a LONG time to fill.

And then there are those who might argue that the term applies to the boy that doesn’t play sports. :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun May 01, 2022 4:55 pm

Ha Ha! I completely forgot about the NOFTSON Bucket until I was reminded by my Daughter. She had several small bags of curious coins that she brought me from Alaska (where she lives now and is 33 years old!). Yup. I still have the NOFTSON Bucket, but a curious spider has completed an intricate web there. Looks like it may be abandoned, in fact.

Stay tuned. (I really forgot about that, but we'll see what develops.) Fun stuff.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Awesome post. Was fun to read it again. :thumbup:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 pm

That was good.

And the original was posted 2 weeks before I found realcent.

Time flies.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins