Just found some Canadian nickels

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Just found some Canadian nickels

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:29 am

Was able to get a lot of over 300 Canadian nickels (almost all from 1922-1980) recently. There were about 10 included that were Tombacs and unfortunately there were abt. 10 or so that were later dates that had little or no nickel in them. Still not too bad.
Last edited by Recyclersteve on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Just got a deal on Canadian nickels

Postby mtalbot_ca » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Great deal!
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:45 am

Nice! :clap:

The harder you search, the luckier you get!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 am

I started this thread when I found Canadian nickels for 7 cents each. Yesterday I was able to get some (only about 25) for 4 cents each- and this was from a coin shop.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:04 pm

My LCS sells them to me at face value, even the uncs and proofs. I pull 100's of them out of his junk bin every month.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:27 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Was at a coin dealer in the Pacific Northwest area recently and asked if they had any Canadian nickels they wanted to get rid of. Was able to get a little over 300 nickels (almost all from 1922-1980) for just 7 cents each. There were about 10 included that were Tombacs for the same price and unfortunately there were abt. 10 or so that were later dates that had little or no nickel in them. Still not a bad deal.

Since the purchase at 7 cents each, I've now gotten them from two other dealers for just 4 cents each. One sold me only about 30 nickels. The other sold me about 325 or so.

Recyclersteve

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:42 am

Keep mining my friend!
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby MikeJ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Just picked up 3200 nickels 1922 - 1981 for .065 cents, $210 Delivered off Fee Bay
MikeJ
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40 am

All great deals especially the one MikeJ received as it was for a healthy supply of nickels. I love them because 100 of them weighs 1 pound. You can't get a better coin than that!
barrytrot

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:My LCS sells them to me at face value, even the uncs and proofs. I pull 100's of them out of his junk bin every month.

Me too! I'm happy to get as many as I can. :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
Recyclersteve wrote:Was at a coin dealer in the Pacific Northwest area recently and asked if they had any Canadian nickels they wanted to get rid of. Was able to get a little over 300 nickels (almost all from 1922-1980) for just 7 cents each. There were about 10 included that were Tombacs for the same price and unfortunately there were abt. 10 or so that were later dates that had little or no nickel in them. Still not a bad deal.

Since the purchase at 7 cents each, I've now gotten them from two other dealers for just 4 cents each. One sold me only about 30 nickels. The other sold me about 325 or so.

Update- I've found two dealers who sold to me at 4 cents each and two others who sold at 5 cents each.

Recyclersteve

Postby daviscfad » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Can't beat that
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins