Dream Box - Mini Buffalo Herd

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Dream Box - Mini Buffalo Herd

Postby Romalae » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't usually sort nickels, but when I do... Well not really. But this particular time, the sorting yielded an amazing herd of Buffalos. Normally I corral one Buffalo every three boxes, but with this one I managed to turn that statistic around and corral three in one box. Plus their 1942-P War Nickel friend. I'm pretty happy about this find; a while back I had a similar spill with Indian Head Cents. What contributed to my happiness was that the first Buffalo I came across was on the very end of its roll and it gave me a nice surge of jollity. :mrgreen:

Dateless Buff
1942-P War
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Dream Box - Mini Buffalo Herd

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Glad to read of the good luck of a fellow Texan. Thanks for sharing.

Re: the dateless buffalo, you should get him on match.com because I hear that those guys get pretty ornery when they've gone without dinner and a movie for a while.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Romalae » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:54 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Glad to read of the good luck of a fellow Texan. Thanks for sharing.

Re: the dateless buffalo, you should get him on match.com because I hear that those guys get pretty ornery when they've gone without dinner and a movie for a while.

Well I was thinking about using that Nic-a-Date stuff because I've heard the two can have very good chemistry together.

Haha thanks, man! Perhaps this was a manifestation of a wider batch of Buffs dumped into circulation that might have also made their way down to your area.
Romalae
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Romalae wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Glad to read of the good luck of a fellow Texan. Thanks for sharing.

Well I was thinking about using that Nic-a-Date stuff because I've heard the two can have very good chemistry together.

Haha thanks, man! Perhaps this was a manifestation of a wider batch of Buffs dumped into circulation that might have also made their way down to your area.

I've stacked a few nicks, but will sort them later. Too many pennies...not enough time... :)
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 am

Nice! Congrats! :thumbup:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 pm

I have only found those "bag" herds. I have yet to find any "roll from a box" herds!! :o
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby m21221 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Nice find, I average one Buffalo every 2 boxes. Yesterday was no exception, a 1928 and two war nickels in 2 boxes.
m21221
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins