1796 Draped Bust Silver Dollar (need grading help)

Discussion related to coin grading criteria, services, and companies.

Re: 1796 Draped Bust Silver Dollar (need grading help)

Postby frugi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:52 pm

I should have this back in my hands tomorrow (Thursday) at around 1:30 CST, and as soon as I pick it up, I will photograph it, post the pic, and update this page. I can hardly wait, I am so excited to see what grade it got...!
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:10 am

frugi wrote:I should have this back in my hands tomorrow (Thursday) at around 1:30 CST, and as soon as I pick it up, I will photograph it, post the pic, and update this page. I can hardly wait, I am so excited to see what grade it got...!

Good luck. Excited to see the pictures. :thumbup:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby cooyon » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:32 am

Hope it's great news!
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:32 am

frugi wrote:I should have this back in my hands tomorrow (Thursday) at around 1:30 CST, and as soon as I pick it up, I will photograph it, post the pic, and update this page. I can hardly wait, I am so excited to see what grade it got...!

Man, oh man... the suspense is killing me! Can only imagine how your heart must be racing.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:16 pm

bummer. it did not show up today, so maybe tomorrow.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Mailman scored a nice coin today :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby frugi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:47 pm

the sale from this coin was going to allow me to pay for some much needed medical procedures i have been putting off, but my health has fallen so fast that i have no choice, and cannot delay any longer. I have beginning next week multiple surgeries, and about a month of rehab, then more surgeries after that. the pain I have been in the past 48 hours is the most pain I have ever felt in my entire life........the pain is indescribable; if that isnt bad enough, none of my pain meds give any relief. I have went from someone who never took aspirin to consuming 1000's of mg's a day of various narcotic pain killers, and nothing helps. I can not eat anything, only drink water............

I needed to vent my emotions, so I am going on here about it now. Also, my dog is sick and the vet thinks he has a brain tumor or had a stroke, we are taking him in for a doggy MRI on Monday, one day before my operations are set to start provided my blood work comes out as good to go, otherwise surgeries will be delayed, and pain will be prolonged........and here is the icing on the cake, after winning the battle of breast cancer, and becoming cancer free just earlier this year, my mother has been diagnosed with uterine cancer. I have been holding all if these emotions in, but I just cant hold them in anymore. Having this coin turn out to be ungradeable has just left me speechless, and at rock bottom. I will still make it through my struggles. It is just a really difficult time for me right now. I am going to take a break from realcent for awhile so I can get my life back in order. This isnt good bye, i just need a few months to make life a priority again. thanks everybody.
Last edited by frugi on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Frugi, I don’t even know what to say. What on earth could be said?

Know that you’ll be missed, and if there’s anything you or your family needs, don’t hesitate to ask. Even if it’s something as simple as a small package of toiletries and candy, please just drop a line.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Chin Up Andrew! Don't let this one coin bring you down man. Fight and get better!!!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:12 pm

will keep you in our prayers and thoughts
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tdtwedt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 pm

That sucks big time!!! :thumbdown: I was pulling for you to have a high dollar coin. At least you didn't pay that much to obtain the coin before you found out it was fake. It is also scary that your 2 coin guys got fooled. It is a good thing that Nate is doing something to combat the fraud out there.

I wish you the best on your health and family issues. You will make it through this difficult time. :thumbup:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby cooyon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Frugi, we will be praying for your recovery, and sincerely wish things turn around for you and your family.

Mike
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby frugi » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:43 pm

hey everyobody.

a fill in.........

I have had 2 of 3 surgeries. The first one was a breeze, the second one was really harsh......it was this morning, and I am still in recovery. My last surgery for the time being will be Tuesday the 29th, and will be a doozie. After that I should be laid up afor about a week, and then good to go, and head down the road of long hard work to get healthy again, with exercise and diet restrictions and all kinds of BS too.

My mom's doc has rushed my moms surgery to ASAP, what was going to be a month away will now be done on Monday the 28th. She is having a hysterectomy. If any of y'all are the praying folk, dont pray for me right now as much as I would hope you can just say a quick prayer for my mom. She is in a high risk category, and we are all feeling really good about everything but doing lots of praying.

lastly...

my dog has been diagnosed with Idiopathic Facial Paralysis aka Bell's Palsy. The cause is unknown, but at least it isnt a tumor that we know of yet. At this point our vet recommends 3 eye drops a day into his right eye for the rest of his life to keep his eye from drying out, but it could have been much worse....At this point there is no indication of a brain tumor. So, we are very thankful for what we got. :)
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:00 pm

My stepdad had Bell's palsy and it stemmed from undiagnosed( & untreated) Lyme disease. Once they figured it out, they mainlined him with antibiotics and he is good to go now, but that was scary! Glad to hear things are on the mend for you.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Coin & Currency Grading