I'm back

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I'm back

Postby horgad » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:49 am

Hello fellow penny people. It is me Horgad. Lots of changes in my life since I posted last...probably we can all say that...life is all about change. I am doing fine myself and hope you are as well. Anyhow, I am getting ready to sell my house and move into full retirement mode and I got a couple of options for my pennies (damn melt ban just won't end). I've been selling pennies on Etsy when I can and thats been good over the years, but it is just damn slow. So, I can move my pennies into storage and continue that. Or I can dump my hoard and get out the copper penny business. So if anybody is seriously interested, I will make you a crazy good deal. The pennies are in Indianapolis and there are approximately 2 1/2 50 gallon steel drums of Reyedale sorted pennies (so wheats included) plus about a 1/2 drum of ones that have the wheats picked out. Roughly 800,000 pennies or 8k face, if I did the math right.

Anyhow my offer is if you help my remove them from the barrels, bag them, weigh them haul them, i will sell them to you by weight for very close to 1 cent each (unless I get a better offer). Plus you can pick my brain if you wish about selling them on Etsy. So say $1.50 a pound ( a penny each would be $1.45 a pound).

Also I have unused (still in the box) hobby metal melting kit purchased for $200 back in 2017 from BackyardMetalCasting.com that is suitable for turning scrap metal into bars.

Pennies are located on the Southside of Indy.

Sorry for posting here and not on the selling threads, but I want to say "Hi" to everybody as well!
horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: I'm back

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:36 am

Welcome back. I had no idea you lived in Indy. I live in Brownsburg, but have no interest in the pennies as I have just as many.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:19 pm

Welcome back. I had no idea you lived in Indy. I live in Brownsburg, but have no interest in the pennies as I have just as many.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:41 pm

Welcome back! You were most active before I ever joined, though that's been 13+ years ago now.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby horgad » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:44 pm

Yep I build my hoard up to as large as I wanted to manage and then dropped off the map. Had 4 full drums at one point plus a whole bunch of overflow. I figure I sold over 1000 lbs for a good profit and I still think copper pennies are a wonderful investment...at least until you want to move 1000 miles...then it kind of sucks. Once I move I might start again with nickels...easier to hoard...no sorting required.
horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby horgad » Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:47 pm

Tourney64 wrote:Welcome back. I had no idea you lived in Indy. I live in Brownsburg, but have no interest in the pennies as I have just as many.

You can never have too many. :)
horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby DC_Penny_Guy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:13 am

Dang, I would absolutely buy a metric buttload of copper pennies at that pricing (especially the portion salted with wheaties and potentially IHPs), but I don't think I'll be passing through Indianapolis in the near future... I'd drive there for the eclipse next week if I could, but I'm finding my schedule won't even permit me to drive the 5-ish hours to Cleveland, let alone the 9-ish hours to Indy. If you're driving anywhere near Washington, DC, I'll buy as much as you can load into your car.

I guess I'll just have to keep running copper through my own Ryedale...

Speaking of which, did you already sell your Ryedale? I'd be interested in having a 2nd machine, cut my zinc-sorting time in half. But no way I'm paying the $700 that Andy is charging for new machines. That'd take a looooooong time to pay for itself.
DC_Penny_Guy
Penny Sorter Member

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:54 am

DC_Penny_Guy wrote: But no way I'm paying the $700 that Andy is charging for new machines.

Is Andy still in business? I thought he stopped selling machines.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby horgad » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:57 am

"did you already sell your Ryedale?"

No, i was going to offer that up for sale as well. Just hadn't got around to pulling it out, testing it, and dusting it off. I figure it is one of the older/oldest models and has ran through 30 million pennies or so. In other words, it is well used.

FWIW: I would give it way to anyone that buys the pennies...
horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby horgad » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:03 pm

Tourney64 wrote:I live in Brownsburg,

My sister lives in Brownsburg. :P
horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby DC_Penny_Guy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:19 am

NDFarmer wrote:
DC_Penny_Guy wrote: But no way I'm paying the $700 that Andy is charging for new machines.

Is Andy still in business? I thought he stopped selling machines.

I believe he tried to sell the business several years ago, but that doesn't seem to have panned out. I bought replacement parts for my Ryedale from him a few months ago through his website.
DC_Penny_Guy
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing