Sad story of a penny sorter

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Sad story of a penny sorter

Postby texcollex » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:49 am

I was watching this https://youtu.be/rT_4J5eftgc
YouTube video and around the 17:00 minute mark wanted to yell at the screen, "Don't dump those in there!" The guy obviously didn't realize he had stumbled across the poor deceased penny sorters stash. He callously dumped what appeared to be copper cents into a big bin of newer cents. The guy appeared to have been sorting nickels, as well. Another reminder to involve our families in our hobby.

Edit: OH, good grief. I just watched what he found next.
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Sad story of a penny sorter

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:41 am

These appeared to be Canadian coins. I wonder which province he was in…
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby texcollex » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:36 am

Recyclersteve wrote:These appeared to be Canadian coins. I wonder which province he was in…

Yes, he is in Canada, but I don't recall if he's mentioned his province on his videos.
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hirbonzig » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:57 am

He’s from Edmonton Alberta.
“Someone’s gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes.”
hirbonzig
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silver4face » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:13 pm

texcollex wrote:I was watching this https://youtu.be/rT_4J5eftgc
YouTube video and around the 17:00 minute mark wanted to yell at the screen, "Don't dump those in there!" The guy obviously didn't realize he had stumbled across the poor deceased penny sorters stash. He callously dumped what appeared to be copper cents into a big bin of newer cents. The guy appeared to have been sorting nickels, as well. Another reminder to involve our families in our hobby.

Edit: OH, good grief. I just watched what he found next.

As the smart people gradually perish , the "other" people will gradually repopulate the banks and stores with copper, wheats, silver and old nickels unless we become a cashless society which I hope we don't. The "other" people are the brainwashed, dumbed down people who know little to nothing about stuff that's actually important. Without seeing the video, I'm guessing that's exactly what this "dumper" is. These morons might benefit us in terms of our coining interests; however, their ideology and behavior will ultimately be the destruction of our country and society in general.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:01 am

Silver4face wrote:
texcollex wrote:I was watching this https://youtu.be/rT_4J5eftgc

As the smart people gradually perish , the "other" people will gradually repopulate the banks and stores with copper, wheats, silver and old nickels unless we become a cashless society which I hope we don't. The "other" people are the brainwashed, dumbed down people who know little to nothing about stuff that's actually important. Without seeing the video, I'm guessing that's exactly what this "dumper" is. These morons might benefit us in terms of our coining interests; however, their ideology and behavior will ultimately be the destruction of our country and society in general.

Bingo. This in a nutshell. I've noticed that the majority of younglings today don't seem to give 2 sheets about coins and/or most boomer and Gen Z hobbies. These kids today have been brainwashed into believing digital nothings are a store of value. How sad.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing