Copper over $4 pound!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper over $4 pound!

Postby PennyPauper » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 am

Who's getting excited? Will it hit $4.50 soon? Who said the penny has no value anymore? I beleive the unrespected one cent coin will soon see 3x face metal value and the market will take off with prices reaching closer to 2x face sooner than later.(who would want to double their money?) Those who have prepared and toiled with their "disgusting discs of filth" will soon be rewarded. Be ready for more eyes being upon you as you continue your collecting and running to and from the banks. Get ready for the greedy labels being thrown around,and more crooked looks from sheeple.Just continue on as you have in the past,confident and happy. Good luck everyone and be careful out there.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Copper over $4 pound!

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 am

It is now as it always has been.....Just a matter of time.

and that time may be starting now! very cool!
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:44 am

PennyPauper wrote:Who's getting excited? Will it hit $4.50 soon? Who said the penny has no value anymore? I beleive the unrespected one cent coin will soon see 3x face metal value and the market will take off with prices reaching closer to 2x face sooner than later.(who would want to double their money?) Those who have prepared and toiled with their "disgusting discs of filth" will soon be rewarded. Be ready for more eyes being upon you as you continue your collecting and running to and from the banks. Get ready for the greedy labels being thrown around,and more crooked looks from sheeple.Just continue on as you have in the past,confident and happy. Good luck everyone and be careful out there.

The technical term is "ugly abe" :lol:

Hooray for copper and hooray for silver. Ni is also up so Hooray for Ni :mrgreen:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 am

PennyPauper wrote:Who's getting excited? Will it hit $4.50 soon? Who said the penny has no value anymore? I beleive the unrespected one cent coin will soon see 3x face metal value and the market will take off with prices reaching closer to 2x face sooner than later.

From your lips to God's ears!!!

I myself am very disappointed with the way our copper (pennies) is responding to this up move in precious metals. It is now at $4.00 a pound and we are still lucky to get 1.5 cents apiece. It has been quite a while since I have sorted any copper. I have been sorting halves looking for silver. It would be great to get 2.5 or 3 cents apiece then we could could turn around and convert our "profit" to sliver. It may get there someday but by then silver will probably be $50.00 an ounce.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 am

Last time copper was up like this.. and silver and gold were cheap.. I converted a couple of tons at 2.25x. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby AGgressive Metal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:53 am

To think I had given up handsorting. I know what I will be doing during downtime in the holidays....
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:35 am

Lets hope it can hold $4 and than break the record of $4.28!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Joogaler » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:28 pm

This is great, too bad it's mostly because of the inflation. :(

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby AlexTG » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

at 2.0xper it was selling for 1.4 or a .6c diffrence. or 70% of full value.

Of course there is so much more that comes in to play, but an adjusted fair price should be 1.841c per

2.63c - 1.841c = .789 diffrence

.789 - .6 = .189

All things being equal. I would expect the price range to be 1.85 to 1.65.

HOWEVER, the prices in our market lag by months. So if copper can hold at min of 4.0/lbs for 6 months you will see this realized.

If I didn't have to run right now I would take some time and do the historcal price chart for copper pennies vs. copper prices. Honestly I believe it would show we are right on target at 1.5c/per.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby misteroman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:39 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:Last time copper was up like this.. and silver and gold were cheap.. I converted a couple of tons at 2.25x. :mrgreen:
\Really?
Thats pretty good!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing