Therapeutic

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Therapeutic

Postby amalekidad » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Fell off a horse last month, just got out of the hospital.
The score: 1 shattered hip & femur, replaced with cobalt steel, 9 broken ribs, and 3 broken vertebrae. :cry:
Good thing I didn’t land on my head.

According to one of my therapists, sorting and stacking coins is one of the better activates I can engage in. Rather than sleep, eat, & watch TV.
Good thing I have a big stash of pennies at home.
They tell me that I ‘shall not’ lift anything over 20 lbs. I’m going to get my son to dump the coins for me.
Last edited by amalekidad on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Re: Therapeutic

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Yikes! Will pray for you...
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Joogaler » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Wow that really sucks, I hope you get better soon!

Visit my E-Store for copper penny bullion!
http://jooglerbullion.ecrater.com/
Joogaler
Penny Collector Member

Postby bman » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Some people will do ANYTHING to get out of dumping zincs :lol:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Wow,

That's a real tough hand. Glad you're alive. Sounds like a car wreck. What happened? Are you a jockey? Did you fall on a rock or get stepped on.

That's major life changing stuff. You must be a tough guy!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Now thats a good Doc.....take two boxes of these and call me in the morning.

here's to a speedy recovery my friend
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGgressive Metal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:08 pm

OUch! I broke some ribs once skiing and it was almost 6 weeks before they were healed. Best of luck to you and glad you are in good spirits.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:16 pm

bman wrote:Some people will do ANYTHING to get out of dumping zincs :lol:

lol...

With that said, I hope you get better soon.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby amalekidad » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks all for you kind replies. My wife is really into horses and I decided that I should get myself to enjoy her investment. We were out about a mile on an equestrian trail. We were coming out of the woods toward a river and my horse started to gallop. After about two of those I decide that I had had enough. Rather than bringing the horse to a gradual smooth stop, I yanked up on the reigns and a yelled stop! Being the great horse that he is, he stopped - I didn't, I few about 8 feet before hitting the river bank and bouncing once. The horse did not step on me or kick me. In fact, about ten minutes later he came back looking for me. Gave me the once over and went off to play in the water.
That was just a month ago. It’s a long and very painful story and will not be over for a few months yet. One nice thing is that I can use my computer again. I can sort coins at my desk, sort of. I have on two body braces that won’t allow me to bend in certain directions or past certain angles.
Thanks again to all of you. If you are feeling a little frazzled break out a roll of pennies, find the oldest cent in the roll and then Google that year. Pretty fun stuff
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby PreservingThePast » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:41 pm

amalekidad wrote:Thanks all for you kind replies. My wife is really into horses and I decided that I should get myself to enjoy her investment. We were out about a mile on an equestrian trail. We were coming out of the woods toward a river and my horse started to gallop. After about two of those I decide that I had had enough. Rather than bringing the horse to a gradual smooth stop, I yanked up on the reigns and a yelled stop! Being the great horse that he is, he stopped - I didn't, I few about 8 feet before hitting the river bank and bouncing once. The horse did not step on me or kick me. In fact, about ten minutes later he came back looking for me. Gave me the once over and went off to play in the water.
That was just a month ago. It’s a long and very painful story and will not be over for a few months yet. One nice thing is that I can use my computer again. I can sort coins at my desk, sort of. I have on two body braces that won’t allow me to bend in certain directions or past certain angles.
Thanks again to all of you. If you are feeling a little frazzled break out a roll of pennies, find the oldest cent in the roll and then Google that year. Pretty fun stuff

I am so sorry to hear of this horrible mishap. Please know that I will pray for a speedy recovery for you.

I applaud you as you sound as if you have a wonderful attitude right now and that will go a very long way in speeding up your recovery. Mr. PTP called his therapists Physical Terrorists. Hope it goes well for you and they don't earn this sort of nickname from you. ;)

I have found with my health limitations that sorting one roll at a time on a plastic shoe box lid on my lap works wonders. I have the lighted stand magnifier there to assist me. Maybe this method would work for you too while you are limited in your movements. You can sit in a comfortable chair or sit propped up in bed, whatever is comfortable. Light enough too and very portable so that there won't be problems for you if you need to pick it all up and change your scenery while you sort.

Take Care and please keep us posted on your recovery. I pray all goes well for you and your family as they walk this journey with you.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing