Man gets 10 months for selling $12k in countefeit coins

Man gets 10 months for selling $12k in countefeit coins

Postby natsb88 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:06 am

BANGOR, ME - A Waterville man who sold counterfeit coins was sentenced Wednesday in federal court to serve 10 months in prison and three years of supervised release.

Mwashuma M. Sithole, 32, was sentenced by Judge John A. Woodcock Jr. in U.S. District Court in Bangor for the crime, to which he pleaded guilty on May 9, according to a release from the U.S. Department of Justice that cites U.S. Attorney Thomas E. Delahanty II.

Click to read more.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Man gets 10 months for selling $12k in countefeit coins

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:55 pm

Thanks for posting the story. I followed the links and came across this at the end of the article.
It says Sithole had never spent more than 10 days in jail, this was his first felony conviction, and he has relationships and family that make him a good candidate for probation. He also has a committed relationship with a woman, that he has helped raise her three daughters and has been a positive influence in their lives, the document states. Sithole’s mother died from breast cancer in 2011, after which he suffered from depression and alcoholism, according to the document.

Does the author expect us to feel sorry for this guy? What about those people that were sold the fake coins? They are the victims here.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:38 am

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:Thanks for posting the story. I followed the links and came across this at the end of the article.
It says Sithole had never spent more than 10 days in jail, this was his first felony conviction, and he has relationships and family that make him a good candidate for probation. He also has a committed relationship with a woman, that he has helped raise her three daughters and has been a positive influence in their lives, the document states. Sithole’s mother died from breast cancer in 2011, after which he suffered from depression and alcoholism, according to the document.

Does the author expect us to feel sorry for this guy? What about those people that were sold the fake coins? They are the victims here.

+1
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby beauanderos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:20 am

they spelled his name wrong. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:06 am

beauanderos wrote:they spelled his name wrong. :sick:

Both the judge and the defendant have unusual names.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Counterfeit Detection & Discussion