FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/31/17

FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/31/17

Postby natsb88 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Wanted to Borrow List

Decided to keep this separate from the main FakeBullion.com thread for easier organization.

These are all items for which I have a fake in hand, and am seeking a genuine item to collect data and scan so I can do a comparison and add the item to the Fake Bullion Database.

This is a low budget operation, relying entirely on user contributions at this point (advertising revenue is next to nothing so far). For some low-premium silver items it might make more sense for me to just buy the item outright, but for gold and high-premium silver I am looking to borrow from the community. I will only need the items for a few days. I will give you a "special thanks" credit on the database pages for any items you loan me (of course only if you want it). If you would like to donate the genuine item, I will scan and document it, then trade or sell the item and recycle the funds to acquire more needed items.

I generally do not want to scan/photograph items through packaging, so if you have a sealed item or do not wish to have the capsule opened, I probably can't use it. The exception would be items listed as "in assay card," in which case I want to scan/photograph/weigh the item in the sealed card and do not need to open it.

This is only a partial list and I will be updating it regularly. If you need clarification on any of the items on the list, let me know.

---------------------------

The list has been moved to FakeBullion.com. Click to view.
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 6/19

Postby natsb88 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Looks like 78 items on my first pass. Many more to go :shock:
natsb88

Postby JadeDragon » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:25 am

I' e got 3 RCM 1 oz gold bars you can borrow. Should I snap a photo to confirm they are the right design first?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby natsb88 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:34 pm

JadeDragon wrote:I' e got 3 RCM 1 oz gold bars you can borrow. Should I snap a photo to confirm they are the right design first?

This is the fake I am trying to match. Only need one piece. Looking for a bare bar (or an open card I can take the bar out of) since these fakes are not packaged.
rcm1.jpg
rcm1.jpg (435.71 KiB) Viewed 3277 times

rcm2.jpg
rcm2.jpg (427.98 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
natsb88

Re: FakeBullion.com "Wanted to Borrow" Thread - Updated 12/3

Postby natsb88 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:44 am

I recently spent 40+ hours organizing a mess of fakes and updating my spreadsheet. I moved the "Wanted to Borrow" list to the FakeBullion.com site so I can point multiple audiences there and edit and update one central list. There are currently over 300 items on the list, there are a few dozen I still need to add, and I haven't even started to go through the pile of counterfeit 90% silver and pre-33 gold.

:shock:

https://www.fakebullion.com/index.php/140-wanted-list
natsb88

Return to Counterfeit Detection & Discussion