Advertisement

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Advertisement

All the way
No votes
Yes, with some restriction
15%
Yes
No votes
Maybe
12%
No
46%
I'll quit if you add those
27%

Total votes : 26

Advertisement

Postby didou » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:21 pm

You have a large audience, don't waste it, take advantage of it to finance the website and it's (future) development. I would like to see all the store made by RealCent member, that is not a advertisement that i would hate to have if it's well done (only from realcent member not outsider and normalized color so the page won't look like a 11 year old flashy unreadable scrap book). Also i think some member here would like the extra advertisement and visitor that would come to their website.

Many people may come from search engine or are new to these idea or understand them but don't have time to read and participate in the whole thing. They may want only to buy some metal.

Realcent member will be allow to pay to get a space on the forum/blog/wiki to advertised their own website where they sell coins.

It could be a all-win situation, that is currently wasted.

So ya or na ?
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Re: Advertisement

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I really really love this forum, one reason is because it's one of the few places of the planet where I'm not bombarded with ads.

I would be more than happy to chip in a fee.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:41 pm

No thanks...If I want adds I will watch the tv set.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby didou » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:47 pm

I also hate advertisement and block almost all of them over the internet.

But like i said i wouldn't mind advertisement from realcent member only external store website. It could be well done and not all flashy.

I actually visit some website only for their advertisement/partnership. I learn to trust some people over the year and i know they won't associate them self with crap, it's a good starting point when you want to buy something and have few info on these products. It's working like a trusted review of a commercial products.

The example i can show is nutnfancy on youtube :
http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy
I love this guys and love the advertisement he make. I look at many of his video and don't have time to watch them all. But if i need something that this guys is review i go there only for the advertisement click on it and start my research from there.
It allow me to have more power and save time by eliminate a lot of crap.

It could work the same way for hundred of people who don't have time to get all knowing in this subject and trust realcent.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Sorry dude,

your intentions are probably good but no sale with Thogey.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:21 am

Realcent is a business friendly place. We welcome people to post about their stores and offerings in the market area. We even had a special thread for that on old realcent. You may also put reasonable links in signatures to stuff for sale. However placing ads around the forum will not go over well - many members even were contributing cash to keep the ads off the old site. Thanks for the suggestion, but you'll find we like an ad free environment. In fact that was one of the reasons for the move, to not have to support keeping the ads away.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby PennyPauper » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 am

Good intension but I agree no ads.It might even hurt someones business among the members here. You can already self promote here so it would be a step backwards. I think as a group we are kinda sick and tired of things being forced on us.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby didou » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:06 pm

I wish more people have voted.

Thanks for the one who does and the feedback.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:24 am

It will always be free and any money that is needed to run the site will be happily donated from members including myself, who said they/we would donate money if ever needed to keep it ad free.
misteroman

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts