Posting photos?

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

Posting photos?

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Can somebody tell me how to post photos on this forum. My luddite self has trouble with simple tech stuff sometimes.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Posting photos?

Postby uthminsta » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Alright... maybe someone else will be able to simplify the language or whatever, but here's how it goes.
1. Upload a picture at an image hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket (read below)*
2. Once that image is online, right click on it and then click "copy image location" or whatever similar wording your browser uses.
3. Come back to RealCent, and open a "post" or "reply" window up. Can't use the "quick reply," you will need to use the one with the full editor.
4. At the top of the post/reply box, there will be a row of "buttons." One of them will say IMG. Click that and some simple HTML stuff will come up in brackets. Position your cursor between the two inner brackets, and then right click and click paste. (Or press CTRL-v which is the keyboard shortcut for paste).
4. Then click PREVIEW if you want to test to see that it looks the way you expect! Or just hit POST and VOILA! There's your picture!

* Here's a list of several image hosting sites. I can't vouch for the quality or reliability of all of them, but I have used flickr and photobucket.
http://www.isoftwarereviews.com/top-19- ... ing-sites/
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:18 pm

I picked this right off my computer.

No need to upload to a hosting site and a url and all that.
Just use the add an attachment option. Then browse. Place inline. Then the img button. That's what cool about this new forum site.
[img]
thogey.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
thogey.jpg
thogey.jpg (28.67 KiB) Viewed 6897 times
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby uthminsta » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 pm

cool. Here's an example of the process I just described.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=396
Shameless promotion, I know. Shameless. The only way it could be worse is if I said something like... BID BID BID!
uthminsta

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you very much for the info, I got it now! :D
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Getting this usb going...this is a 1998 WAM.....still trying to capture the whole coin clearly.
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby fusscharles » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

I keep trying to load from my desk top, it keeps saying these pics are too large? I mean, this is a basic 10 mp, I could not imagine that these should be a problem, but they are!

Any suggestions on suppression?
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm

fusscharles wrote:I keep trying to load from my desk top, it keeps saying these pics are too large? I mean, this is a basic 10 mp, I could not imagine that these should be a problem, but they are!

Any suggestions on suppression?

open the picture file on your PC in microsoft Paint and resize it. I have to do this with all of my photos to get them to the correct size.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Tue May 31, 2011 8:28 pm

I think 1000 pixels is the max. I had the same problem in Denver trying to post from my phone which is 8MP
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby fusscharles » Tue May 31, 2011 9:11 pm

thanks guys.... testing
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Can anyone give a definitive answer to the max photo size for posting?
What dimensions and file size?
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:56 pm

I tried to post larger file and huge pixels and here are the messages.

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB.

Your images may only be up to 1050 pixels wide.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts