I ACCIDENTALLY Clicked Mark Forums Read

All posts by members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.org are for your edification and amusement only. It is NOT the intent of realcent.org or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.

I ACCIDENTALLY Clicked Mark Forums Read

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Please be very careful about clicking those little words "Mark Forums Read" near the upper right of the home page.

Before I clicked "Mark Forums Read" I had 16-17 pages of unread postings. All of a sudden it went from 16-17 pages to ZERO. And I didn't see any way to undo it. For instance, there could be a place where it says either "Undo" or "Mark Forums Unread". Does anyone know of a way to undo this so that my 16-17 pages of unread items comes back?

If you aren't sure, please don't experiment too much. Because you might dig yourself into the same hole that I did.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I ACCIDENTALLY Clicked Mark Forums Read

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:30 pm

That link has always been there, it is a default part of the forum software. There is no way to undo that. In the next version of the software I will be able to add a confirmation dialog so it's a two-step process. In this version the quick and dirty fix would be to delete that line from the template entirely, but then that feature is gone for those who do wish to use it.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Re: I ACCIDENTALLY Clicked Mark Forums Read

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Lesson learned...the hard way.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Realcent.org Operations and Policy Stmts